PDA

View Full Version : B7 Sport ordered

yuppyflyer
05-04-2011, 09:56 PM
Ordered a B7 Passat Estate 140Bmotion 6sp man Sport last week through lease company.

Decided to go for full bling spec as choosing it instead of A4 Technik;

Candy White
Leather sport seats
Front and rear parking sensors
Rear camera
Colour driver display
Adaptive Xenons + LED (fairy) lights
RNS510 Sat Nav upgrade

Got my just deserves with estimated delivery September!

:1zhelp: Can anyone post a picture or link of a B7 Candy White Sport Estate? I've not seen one anywhere on the web. Thx.

The Fingers
06-04-2011, 10:37 AM
I was thinking it was about time VeDubDan got his camera out he has exactly the car you have ordered, Candy White Sport Estate.

I have the peasant version 2.0 TDI 140 SE Saloon Candy White - No Photos though sorry. will have to take some next time its clean!!!

Mud flaps you will need some of them!!!!!!!!!!

Come on DAN get that camera out....................................

VeDubDan
06-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Okidoki - you asked, you shall recieve.

Gimmi a few mins........

:p

VeDubDan
06-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Hmmm sorry guys - struggling to get out into the office car park without looking like a weirdo.

Will post as soon as I get the chance to take piccys!

The Fingers
06-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Hmmm sorry guys - struggling to get out into the office car park without looking like a weirdo.

Will post as soon as I get the chance to take piccys!

Same Same...........

You look like a bit of a plank doing a passat cat walk shoot in the office car park!!!

I am going to get some of mine this weekend after its had a good wash (need some mud flaps me you know, have a not said!!!)

We will have to start a new arrivals photo thread!!!!

VeDubDan
06-04-2011, 04:02 PM
are the mudflaps straight forward to fit? have you seem somewhere to purchase them from?

Will they not look a bit "special"?

The Fingers
06-04-2011, 04:40 PM
You can buy them from VW but they are about £20+ a corner (thats 80 swills with the local pound pressure washer - OUCH), anything bought from the accessory brochure is on a supply and fit basis as far as i am aware.

There are some on ebay for the B6 at £25 for front and rear, but they are rubber aftermarket things. I have also seen some VW ones but they had big VW badges on them (ERM...................NO).

I am thinking B6 ones should fit but i might just wait for a while until the bits start hitting Ebay.DE

I think fitting should be a simple, wheel off, mud flap on, wheel back on affair.

I might make some out of cornflakes boxes and gaffer tape ;)

VeDubDan
06-04-2011, 04:55 PM
£80 is a bit steep, but if they're genuine VW and they will fit them, maybe not such a bad idea.

But DIY would be much cheaper if the genuine product looks the part.

Top tip for making the Passat look slightly more executive - push rice crispies into the tyre tread to give that "expensive gravel driveway" effect.:biglaugh:

logiclee
06-04-2011, 09:52 PM
Fitted flaps to B6 Passat and Mk6 Golf last year, usually involves removing and replacing a couple of screws and fitting a couple of clips. The B6 reaquired you to drill out the plastic wheel arch liner a little.
Can usually get the fronts on by turning the steering wheel but usually the rear wheels have to come off.

If you can put together an MFI unit or something from Ikea then you can fit VW mud flaps. You get the same sort of step by step picture instructions for fitting in the bag.

Cheers
Lee