PDA

View Full Version : Question What extras to order

Audi Nick
05-04-2011, 08:28 AM
My car has been ordered, but like all things you revisit the extra's list and ask yourself what have I missed off that will be really useful later on?

If I have missed anything really useful can you please tell me?

So far my car looks like this:-

Audi A4 Allroad (2.0 diesel)
Metallic Paint
Alcantara Sport Seats
Heated Front Seats
Leather Armrest
Sound Pack
Tech Pack Low
Interior Light Pack
Parking Advanced
Folding Mirrors
Privacy Glass
Delete Model & Engine
Adaptive Lights (inc Xenon)
Hight Beam Assist
Tyre Pressure Assist
Power Tailgate
Phone Prep Low (with cradle for Iphone)

Missed anything? :Blush:

theskyfox
05-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Looks like you've got the majority of extras. The only things that come to mind are:

-Alloys - You sticking with stock 18" or pimping it to 19"?
-Dynamic-Ride control - Did you want the ability to adjust ride comfort?
-Sports Diff - Arguably useful, depending on how/where you drive
-Adaptive Cruise control? - Big price bump, but potentially useful if you do a lot of motorway driving
-Sat Nav? - Obvious

Audi Nick
05-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Nice thoughts however 19' wheels are not an option. I actually prefer the standard wheel over the £160 option.

Sat Nav is part of the Tech Pack and its not a sporty car although I will retro fit the switches for hill descent (Q5) and dynamic suspension thing.

Not sure about the adaptive cruise though, it seems a lot of money.

:beerchug:

Niko
05-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Would defo spec the Dynamic ride option. In the Dynamic setting the throttle response is quickened and in my opinion the engine feels at least 20bhp faster. I say this as my first B8 was a 143 Diesel and I now have a 170 Sline. The difference between the 143 and 170 is of course noticeable. The difference between 170 in Auto or comfort setting and then selecting the Dynamic setting is the same feeling of power hike, i.e. it feels the same increase as I experienced between 143 and 170.

It is the best option upgrade imho, well that and B&O!

Nik

ScottyUK
05-04-2011, 10:21 AM
Car options are a very personal thing so no one can say you choice is right or wrong. Since you're asking for input this is my take on it :

Alcantara and heated - do you need heated with alcantara? (For the little extra I'd go full leather).

Leather armrests - I have a leather interior and you don't get the leather armrests .... but you can't tell!! I'm glad I was able to see the leather armrests before ordering. I don't feel they're worth it. However if you're ordering Alcantara then the armrests maybe in alcantara in which case I'd say it's a good call going for the leather option.

Tech Pack Low - do yourself a favour and go for Tech Pack High. The screen is a little larger but the definition is much better. You'll benefit from a DVD player, jukebox, 3G satnav and voice control. The DVD system means you'll miss these benefits apart from voice control but then it'll only be for the phone.

Parking Advanced - if you're going for this then why go for a Tech Pack which includes Parking Plus? I've no idea how they'll price it or put it through the system. Be very careful as they may price is as DVD SatNav, AMI & Parking Advanced instead of the Tech Pack and it'll cost a lot more.

The rest looks good. If you have kids in the back then consider the rear blinds (and side airbags). I have blinds along with the privacy glass. The glass alone is not enough if you have young kids in the summer.

p.s. I'm not sure why Sport Diff and Dynamic dampers have been mentioned in this thread as you can't get them on an Allroad.

J_B204
05-04-2011, 11:07 AM
I second the tech pack high.

What about the reversible boot liner? Don't have the brochure to hand but the allroad might already come with it.

Other than that you seem to have all bases covered.

One word of caution, the delivery may be changed considerably if you start messing around with the options - in my mind that is acceptable in order to ensure you get exactly what you want!

ScottyUK
05-04-2011, 11:36 AM
You're right : when I added SatNav my order came forward 6 weeks ! :D

Oh and it does get the load liner as standard. It actually gets quite a few things I spec'ed as options for my A4 :

Storage Pack
Load and rail system
Storage package
Full-length load mat

legendamongus
05-04-2011, 02:11 PM
The options you've selected sound good, the alcantara seats are seriously nice. Makes a change from full leather.

Only thing I would suggest is losing the phone prep low. You get a bluetooth interface as standard I believe, and since you have a Tech Pack with AMI you can charge the iphone using that and play music at the same time... Well that was my logic when ordering my car anyway!

mctintin
05-04-2011, 03:53 PM
The only one I can think of is the HILL HOLD ASSIST.

Not sure if it comes in any of the other packs

NickH A4
05-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Only thing I would suggest is losing the phone prep low. You get a bluetooth interface as standard I believe, and since you have a Tech Pack with AMI you can charge the iphone using that and play music at the same time... Well that was my logic when ordering my car anyway!

Then you would lose the ability to use the external aerial which is actually quite good

:beerchug:

Audi Nick
05-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I prefer the Alcantara to the 'solid' leather and you need them seat heaters on a cold day, and living where I do, you get a lot of them.

Hill hold assist is no longer an option and Mobile Phone Low allows you to use the external ariel something I can not do on my current system which is hone prep high but without the cradle!

The Tech Pack High is an interesting one as apart from a bigger screen and horrible 3D graphics, you paying over £400 for what what?

You have to have the Tech pack before you can go for the Parking Advanced, that little camera is one hell of a useless but nice thing to have :biglaugh:

Memory seats are a possibility but it is only me who drives the car so again it seems like a lot of money.

I do wish Audi would do away with its extras list it does make specing a car difficult. One final point, I am about to sell my current car with £8k of extras and the trade refuse to value them and yet they charge top dollar for old lease with almost nothing added.

Watch this space to find out how I get on selling my 2008 Audi B8 with 90k on the clock.

ScottyUK
05-04-2011, 09:01 PM
The Tech Pack High is an interesting one as apart from a bigger screen and horrible 3D graphics, you paying over £400 for what what?

You have to have the Tech pack before you can go for the Parking Advanced, that little camera is one hell of a useless but nice thing to have :biglaugh:

I'm not gonna try and convince you on the Tech Pack High. If you've seen the displays side by side and don't think that the screen, DVD, voice control, jukebox etc are worth it then fair enough. I bought it but certainly can't justify it :biglaugh:

Parking Advanced - oh yeah !!I'm surprised it doesn't say with SatNav but says Tech Pack.

It seems you're ok with £400 for a "useless but nice" camera but not £400 for the Tech Pack High.

That's what makes us all individual as we all want different things :beerchug:

I do wish Audi would do away with its extras list it does make specing a car difficult.

I couldn't disagree more. I'd rather spend time over a brochure speccing it exactly how I want than have it like the Yanks do. They all seem to wish they had it our way.

virtuosity
25-04-2011, 12:16 AM
I couldn't disagree more. I'd rather spend time over a brochure speccing it exactly how I want than have it like the Yanks do. They all seem to wish they had it our way.

I couldn't agree more with you too!! My last car was a Vectra VXR and the options came in the different specs you ordered. I could have a Sat Nav, and I could have a DAB - but I couldn't have a car that came with a Sat Nav AND a DAB together... absolute rubbish...

ScottyUK
25-04-2011, 08:38 AM
It seems that the US guys are gonna have a similar system to ours for ordering for the MY2012 onwards.

That's cheered up a lot of people across the pond.