PDA

View Full Version : Where is my oil going

Barn!e
04-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi all,

I recently purchased a B6 S4 Saloon 2003 and it seems to love engine oil. It varies and has been as bad as 500ml in 120 miles. The Lambar (scuse spelling) isnt showing any faults and I have had the valve stem seals, piston rings and breather system replaced by Audi in Salisbury without success. The pipes do black up quickly at the back but dont all Audis do that? There are no visible signs of leaking and the pressure tests are fine.

The most frustrating part is everytime Audi and I do the 600 mile consumption test it seems to behave for a bit. The first test it used 480ml in 600 miles and the second time 250ml. I then leave the dealer and the oil light is back on within 250-400 miles and the dipstick shows minimum (I checked they topped it up..).

Thinking it was load related I drove it harder in the second test, and it used the least at 250ml in 600 miles. I will be dead in no time if it wants thrashing all the time..lol

I always wanted a V8 and seem to have bought my first bum Audi. Spent £4k on it so far and still no answers. The car is in great nick other than this, so would love to get this sorted.

Would love any ideas on where else we should be looking. It has me and Heritage Audi stumped.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Barn!e