PDA

View Full Version : Just put a deposit down...

jimmyflo
05-07-2007, 10:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/JimmyFlo/DSC00053.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/JimmyFlo/DSC00052.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/JimmyFlo/DSC00051.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/JimmyFlo/DSC00050.jpg

Secured it for 3695 with 12m MOT and 6 months tax

69k with full vdub history, 1.8t sport, winter pack so has full heated leather interior and auto climate control with leccy sunroof too. leccy windows all round etc etc. It is a perlescent silvery blue colour not silver like the pics look

Eshrules
05-07-2007, 10:10 PM
nice acar ;) the 1.8 T lump is a mint engine to be working with in regards to remapping....

im after a passat myself (moving up from a golf) but im after the 130 sport wagon ;)

jimmyflo
05-07-2007, 10:12 PM
thanks, i was very impressed when i drove it. I wanted the 1.8t because of the potential, she will be fully remapped next year

other plans are air filter, exhaust, lowered and 18ins RS6 replicas, maybe sound system but the multichanger in it is very good

RickT
05-07-2007, 10:15 PM
looks a good example at a fair price!!

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

RickT

jimmyflo
05-07-2007, 10:18 PM
thanks for the comments ppl. I neer thought i'd own a vdub as i never really liked them, but i have to say i am turned, the interior feels more quality than my mates v reg 323 BMW

I'll keep all details posted as and when they happen and look forward to some meets and the main shows

Sam
06-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Welcome aboard from another Passat owner.

Avoid the air-filter if you're getting a K & N the OEM filter setup is more than adequate and the K & N will just suck hot air in from the turbo.

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 08:23 AM
i agree with sam, big no no on the K&N filter.... get a decent forced air induction kit if you're that bothered about air flow, its pointless sticking an internal induction kit in, you're just sucking hot air in, cold air is the best air for an engine ;)

Sam
06-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Don't even bother with a CAI in my opinion, the factory one is nigh on perfect.

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Don't even bother with a CAI in my opinion, the factory one is nigh on perfect.

but if he has it remapped :p the extra airflow will help from a 'CAI' wont it? :Blush2:

jimmyflo
06-07-2007, 08:53 AM
i was thinking of buying a ram air cone filter and making some sort of heat dhield up maybe even fully encolsing it in a fibreglass box, I know it sounds chav but i just want a little more noise and cant afford to change the exhaust, k and n thats on my astra didn't invoke any power loss at all so i'll give it a go, can always take it off and sell it to someone if it doesn't work out

Sam
06-07-2007, 09:38 AM
but if he has it remapped :p the extra airflow will help from a 'CAI' wont it? :Blush2:

Possibly, there is no better CAI than what's on the car though. Carbino make one but it's expensive and the gains are minimal.

Obviously more air is always good, so adding a few additional hoses or carrying out the Colorado Outlaw Airbox Mod (www.passatworld.com - search forums for COAM but DO NOT post a "what intake" thread, you'll get mullered) is the easiest and cheapest way.

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 09:42 AM
i was thinking of buying a ram air cone filter and making some sort of heat dhield up maybe even fully encolsing it in a fibreglass box, I know it sounds chav but i just want a little more noise and cant afford to change the exhaust, k and n thats on my astra didn't invoke any power loss at all so i'll give it a go, can always take it off and sell it to someone if it doesn't work out

dear oh dear... you sound like my brother :( (hes on his 5th car in as many months) a K&N will do nothing but foul your MAF and dont forget, messing about with your airflow without remapping accordingly can cause problems itself..... understated is the way with these cars, a tasteful back box would cost around the same as a K&N, would sound far better (quality wise) and would not cause you any problems.:Blush2:

jimmyflo
06-07-2007, 01:00 PM
yeah I am aware of the MAF issues but im getting a non oil based filter, i have had k and ns on all my cars including 2 rs turbos never had any probs and did get some gains out of them too, may get a bigger i/c to cool the charged air down even more

Captain Answer
06-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Looks nice kid but i'd get that steering wheel binned, dates the interior

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 01:18 PM
yeah I am aware of the MAF issues but im getting a non oil based filter, i have had k and ns on all my cars including 2 rs turbos never had any probs and did get some gains out of them too, may get a bigger i/c to cool the charged air down even more

i realise that, but i cant beleive that K&N cone filters have the same filtering properties as the OEM fitment, they will still allow contaminants that the OEM filter would not allow, to pass through and over the MAF.

just my opinion of course, but i've seen a good few cars ruined by non oem filters....

as for the i/c, that would be a much better move imo, you wouldnt need a K&N anyway if you did that....

MalcQV
06-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Got a K&N on the old Italian Stallion. I wish I could say there is a difference but can't really tell because it has also had a damn fine tuning since, so it is now set up for the K&N and not the OEM.

jimmyflo
06-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I have heard horror stories myself and i will probably get the exhaust done first and see how i like it. I want a bitmore wastegate chatter thats all. may stick with oem filter and get the forge 2 way recirc valve instead

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I have heard horror stories myself and i will probably get the exhaust done first and see how i like it. I want a bitmore wastegate chatter thats all. may stick with oem filter and get the forge 2 way recirc valve instead

wastegate ch......

:Blush2: oh dear.

you bought a 1.8 t passat for wastegate chatter? hmmm.... i think you may have got the wrong car then, generally, VAG cars do not like 'chattering' they prefer to come along and pass you by like a stealthy assassin, these cars are not brash, in your face, make a statement at the amber light type of cars im afraid and sticking a DV on it i fear will only cause you issues.

if you doubt my opinion, try tdiclub.com, do a search on dump valves on there ;)

jimmyflo
06-07-2007, 05:59 PM
lol i didn't just buy it for wastegate chatter. The dump valve I am talking about has been developed by forge especially for VAG engines so that some air is recirculated and some is vented to the atmosphere. I was going to buy a golf but it was cheaper to insure and buy the passat

Eshrules
06-07-2007, 11:31 PM
lol i didn't just buy it for wastegate chatter. The dump valve I am talking about has been developed by forge especially for VAG engines so that some air is recirculated and some is vented to the atmosphere. I was going to buy a golf but it was cheaper to insure and buy the passat

hmm... still dont sound good to me, you're letting air out of the system, that was never intended to be, i dont understand how this wont affect ecu readings and timings as a result, especially without a remap?:Blush2:

jimmyflo
08-07-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm doubtful myself to be honest I can't see how it works