PDA

View Full Version : ebay tuning chips

beclee
05-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Has any bought a DI PD Diesel Tuning Chip Beetle Golf Passat Polo Jetta

+25BHP-50NM Torque.Faster 0-60 etc, more mpg etc.
as seen on ebay??

adamss24
05-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Stay away from the ''chips'' from ebay as they are worthless- you get what you pay from- just a-resistor-in-a-box... Buy one from a decent vendor: PSI Motorsport, Steinbauer, Superchips, etc. and you wont go wrong. They have TUV tested units and thats whay they cost that much ! Or you can have a custom remap for about the same money that will stay with the car, you wont be able to take it off the car and sell away ! Beware, most of the buyers like to stay away from chipped cars, as they believe they might be trashed ! My car is chipped and i live every bit of it, but i also like to keep her in tip-top condition !

beclee
05-07-2007, 09:10 PM
did you notice any fuel increase? I mean, when you are driving sensibly

Quatrelle
05-07-2007, 09:18 PM
I posted this on an earlier thread, but to save you searching round, here it is again.
---------
Have a look here

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=17

especially the bit about informing your insurance company!

---------

VanWheeler
05-07-2007, 09:20 PM
If you go for a Remap, you should see an improvement in your MPG (depending on how you drive. These so called cheap tuning boxes/chips are a resistor that fools the engine into over fueling and eventually will damage the engine.

PM me if you are interested in a remap. we usually get around 45hp and 90nm torque out of a PD engine depending on the year.

Cheers Mark

adamss24
05-07-2007, 09:26 PM
I am not driving sensibly ! With the power you have at your fingertips, you cant stop booting it ! I average 37-40 Mpg with a chipped audi a4 2.5 tdi quattro, 6 speed gearbox, wich is pretty good when you have over 180 ponnys to play with...

VanWheeler
05-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Nice, this is why I must get a diesel!

I am not driving sensibly ! With the power you have at your fingertips, you cant stop booting it ! I average 37-40 Mpg with a chipped audi a4 2.5 tdi quattro, 6 speed gearbox, wich is pretty good when you have over 180 ponnys to play with...

beclee
06-07-2007, 07:05 PM
thanxs people you've been a great.:beerchug:

chrisjones
06-08-2007, 10:45 PM
For what its worth i have bought a Celox Performance +25BHP "box"from ebay for my 1.9TDI 100bhp Golf. I used to get 47 mpg without it but I now get 59 mpg. According to the blurb it works out at a 17bhp increase for my model - not exactly lightning but a noticeable increase. Not bad for £30. However after about 2 monhs my engine warning light (glow plug) has come on. I hope its not related and judging by the responses on the forum it seems a common fault with no one cause or cure !:confused: