PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking Problem

fluff
02-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Hi, new to this, but hope you can help.

We have 2003 Alhambra 1.9 Tdi. Had to replace the battery as it was deceased, but although the engine starts only the drivers door opens. The passenger door and rear doors remain locked and cannot be opened.

Have read through the manual and can only find something abut Single Door Opening and that the system can be modified to open only the driver's door, but refers to Technical Service Centre who will be happy to provide further details.

Is there something I need to do to get all doors opening. It was all ok before putting on a new battery.

Thanks

Crasher
02-04-2011, 06:30 PM
They will not open at all from the inside or the outside no matter what you do?

kite
02-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Try pressing the fob twice.

fluff
02-04-2011, 06:48 PM
There are no locks on the other doors, only the drivers and boot. Have tried to open from inside but nothing. The fob was intermittant before the battery change and have tried recoding, but still not working, may have to go to the dealer to sort the fobs out. (expense)

Was wondering if by changing the battery I have somehow reset the setting for the central locking. Have just tried again and can only unlock the drivers door from the key, but if I unlock the boot with the key the other doors then unlock. Can lock them all from the drivers door, but not unlock. Madness!!

Any suggestions?

Crasher
02-04-2011, 10:31 PM
You need a code read of the convenience system to see what is wrong.

Alihambra
08-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Wiring loom on drivers door! common! open drivers door with a bit of fiddling you can get rubber boot off, you will find the 2 thickess wires earth and central locking are fraid were they bend in and out. They wont be completly broken yet but you will see lots of copper wire showing thru the outer casing of wire. This restricts the flow of electrickory as it a dark art, hence not all the locks will work.You need special tool to get the wire out of multiblock, your local dealer sells you a new piece of wire with the same connector on end which you push in to multiconnector then you solder them together inside the door as they are nice and long. Fiddley but do able.