PDA

View Full Version : Phone button just mutes sound!

actionpav
30-03-2011, 09:05 PM
We collected our new Tiggy today from the showroom, the hand over was basic but they did pair our phones with the car's built in bluetooth system. Got the car home, then went back out in it and there is no phone options available, the phone button just mutes the sound. What have we done wrong??? Can anyone advise?

royleblue
31-03-2011, 07:21 PM
When you scroll through the trip computer does the phone show up as being connected with signal strength?

actionpav
01-04-2011, 12:07 AM
No! There are no phone options/settings available! It's as if the phone options have been removed from the car.:(

royleblue
01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
After reading various comments that my HTC would not work I wasn't expecting much. I followed the instructions on page 12 in the phone manual, set my phone to visible and searched for it using the controls on the steering wheel. It found my phone and connected without problem. Now every time I start the car, after a few seconds I get a message on the radio display asking if I want to connect. It doesn't seem to make any difference if I accept or not, it connects automatically (maybe it only makes a difference if you have two phones connected).
It's probably something obvious. Might be worth a call back to the dealer to get him to go through the set up again with you. Doesn't sound like the best of service from the dealer. Can't complain about my handover. The salesman took the time to go through everything (he didn't go through the phone set up but then again I didn't ask him to). He even went through the parking plus system.

royleblue
25-06-2011, 09:39 PM
No! There are no phone options/settings available! It's as if the phone options have been removed from the car.:(

Had the same problem with mine. Dealer says they have had two in two days with the same issue. Required a 'reset'.

royleblue
29-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Packed in again after two days. Dealer has now replaced the Bluetooth module. Apparently it is a known problem.