PDA

View Full Version : Golf 1.6 AEE (Mk3) Intake manifold query

SammoVWT
29-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi guys,

Got a mk3 golf, i want it to breathe better - has anyone seen an intake manifold from a polo GT replaced on a mk3 engine? I would expect the manifold is a bit better in terms of flow.

Has anyone seen this done? Im thinking of a new intake manifold to replace the plastic molded one and possibly a larger throttle body, if this is possible at all that is.

Reccomendations/suggestions welcome!

Crasher
29-03-2011, 03:45 PM
It won’t fit, which is why fitting an AEE in a Polo is difficult. It doesn’t breathe any better either. Also, the throttle body is incompatible with the AEE.

SammoVWT
29-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Ah no worries thanks for the headsup, i wasnt sure - I had heard stories, but I thought I would check. Looks live ive reached my flow limit on my intake in that case. Not a major problem though!

More curiosity than necessity. Cheers anyhow!

I was thinking of making a custom TB with the internals of mine, but a larger diameter opening, but its a lot of work for probably minimal gain so I wont bother with that actually.

EDIT: Actually Crasher, while youre here - re-worked heads, I saw on your flyer that you can supply them? But are they worth it in terms of cost to performance for this block considering all the extras I already have on it? Everything I have so far I have based on cost to performance, I.e. biggest gain for lowest cost. But i know this level of work isnt that cheap!

Crasher
29-03-2011, 06:13 PM
You could always go 16v, up to 125PS+ with some work.