PDA

View Full Version : remap on 1.9 tdi se

myhopper
28-03-2011, 10:49 PM
i'm thinking about remapping my golf mk5 1.9 tdi se, came close to it in the past but cash ruined the thoughts!

whats the difference between the box remaps, like the st3 and getting someone to do a before and after and manual remap that they do etc? anything wrong with having st3 type box? is it not better incase you want to revert back for some reason? or do the tailor made remaps work better all round, obviously the price comes in different, and based on that, whs best with vaue for money and quaity of work that i could get to from south wales that aint a million miles away!?

thanks
M

FlashRemapping
29-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Hi M

I presume you mean a tuning box - In my experience the only time a tuning box gives good solid results is when used with a common rail diesel engine
yours will be a p.d. engine so I would not recommend a tuning box for your vehicle.
A remap would be the best way to go, if done properly many paraments will be altered like torque limiters , smog limiters etc and a more acurate result will be achieved
A remap can be reversed at any time, here at FlashRemapping we would not charge for this service you would also geta 7 day money back guarantee, lifetime support on teh software and underwritten insurance if the remap was to cause problems with your car - not that we have ever had reason to use this policy but it is nice to know its there.
When choosing a remap company you really want to find one that custom writes each file - now there is always going to be a degree of generacism regarding a file as a remapper will know which parameters to change to give a certain result but stay away from someone who will use what is commonly regarded as "generic files"
David Lewis
FlashRemapping
www.flashremapping.co.uk (http://www.flashremapping.co.uk)

myhopper
29-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi M

I presume you mean a tuning box - In my experience the only time a tuning box gives good solid results is when used with a common rail diesel engine
yours will be a p.d. engine so I would not recommend a tuning box for your vehicle.
A remap would be the best way to go, if done properly many paraments will be altered like torque limiters , smog limiters etc and a more acurate result will be achieved
A remap can be reversed at any time, here at FlashRemapping we would not charge for this service you would also geta 7 day money back guarantee, lifetime support on teh software and underwritten insurance if the remap was to cause problems with your car - not that we have ever had reason to use this policy but it is nice to know its there.
When choosing a remap company you really want to find one that custom writes each file - now there is always going to be a degree of generacism regarding a file as a remapper will know which parameters to change to give a certain result but stay away from someone who will use what is commonly regarded as "generic files"
David Lewis
FlashRemapping
www.flashremapping.co.uk (http://www.flashremapping.co.uk)

ok, so dont use a box, and get the professionals in! just had a quick ganders at your site, will message you.....

thanks