PDA

View Full Version : First Road Trip in my new 1997 A6 Avant-electrical issue

Aeroslash
28-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Hello All,

This is my first post on the Audi World forum, Im sure i'll be a regular user because after racking up 500 snowy miles this last weekend, my A6 Avant is a keeper!

Mechanically, the car did not miss a beat over the 500 miles and the Quattro is functioning perfectly - I drove to Tahoe in the middle of a snow storm during a bonanza week of snow fall and the A6 was unbelievably surefooted, i was loving it!

1.Electronically I had one major issue - the defrost in the car simply stopped working in the middle of the snow storm - I went from low visibilty to zero with all windows fogged up. Turning the air on low and directing max. air flow to the windows was no help and my gf had to spend miles frantically wiping the inside of teh windshield for miles until we reached the first exit. Turning off the a6 and restarting 30 mins later gave no improvement. Eventually we ended up driving with the windows 1/4 down and with the air on maximum low, this solved the problem but as it was 26F outside this was less than a pleasurable drive.

The defrost seems to work fine when temp is above freezing, but in the cold snowstorm it was worthless...

2.Also the radio randomly turned off 4 times during the drive. Loose Connection?

3.And onboard computer is not turning on,screen is blank, hence no cruise control, mpg estimate etc...

Any suggestions/troubleshooting advice/previous experience with these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Guest 2
28-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Try posting in the correct section for your car :) you won't get hardly any replies in here :)