PDA

View Full Version : parking sensor question

slackboy
28-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Hi,

I'm in the process of replacing my failed parking sensors. VCDS shows to error codes 01547 (right rear) and 01548 (right mid).

I've removed those two and got replacements for them.

However, the left mid sensor doesn't click when move my hand/put my ear to it, but VCDS doesn't throw a fault code.

So, my question is - if a sensor doesn't click is faulty even though there is no fault code?

thanks, Matt.

fourringsrus
28-03-2011, 08:43 PM
If you are in the process of switching over the dud items I believe that the whole system will die until the complete set of sensors are installed , ie; if you have one out then all pack up operating until duds are changed and the full complement are wired in.Once the dud ones are re-fitted you system should be good again, it wont work at all while any are dis connected
Hope that makes sense, I am a bit tired so sorry if I have gone on a bit

slackboy
28-03-2011, 08:56 PM
thanks for that.

yes you are right, the whole system has stopped working - it has a continuous "warning" beep when i put it in reverse.

But of the two sensors that I haven't removed one does a sonar type click when i move my hand over it and the other one doesn't.

I've read that the sensors should click even if the system has stopped working, so I'm trying to figure out whether the one that doesn't click has failed as well.