PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Wilksy
28-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Hey,

I've just picked up an Audi A4 N-reg yesterday. It was a friends car, but as he has bought a new one and couldn't be ***** with the effort of selling this one plus he needed to move it off his drive, he gave it to me.

It's in fairly decent nick, it has just under 250k on the clock. It does need some work done on it - new brake discs, new battery, plus something needs to be done with the spark plugs (I don't know what yet). Bodywork is in good condition as is the interior.

I took the car on as I've always wanted to have a go at doing a car up and maintaining it, so as it was free and I know that apart from the already mentioned problems it is in good shape, I thought now's the time.

I am completely green to this, I can do basic things on cars but due to time constraints from previous jobs I never could commit to doing a lot of work myself.

I just wanted to say hi, and looking forward to getting involved with the forum.

Wilksy

yaman
28-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Welcome, what engine do you have, and is it running?

Brakes and battery is straightforward, the plugs are
normally just replaced but you might need plug leads
and coil packs.

Regards
Jim

Wilksy
28-03-2011, 11:57 AM
It's the 1.8 petrol. There's no "T" after the 1.8 on the back so I assume its the standard engine.

It drives once it has been jump started. I noticed yesterday that when in low gears and accelerating the engine occasionally judders and made a "put put" noise. No loud backfires though!

SWS