PDA

View Full Version : New a7

shabazmo
28-03-2011, 12:47 AM
It arrived a week ago and I have only had time to put 300 miles on it which included a 220 mile trip to Warwick and back again. Average mpg so far is 46mpg which equals the best I ever had from my 2.5tdi A6. I expect it to head towards 50mpg in the comming months. I have to say that the car drives great and the technology is fantastic. I have still a lot more reading to do, especially on the MMI side, so will do updates on various headings in the comming weeks.

I am trying to add a few pictures but am having difficulty. I have been able to add some to my picture album for now

Guest 2
28-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Very nice! Hope it was worth the wait!

Enjoy it, it'll be a great car.

shabazmo
28-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks Chris, Yes, it was worth the wait. I am finding interesting things about the car every day. I was low on fuel today and up popped the warning sign saying
"you are low on fuel, do you want the navoigation system to direct you to the nearest fuel station"
Press yes and it shows all the nearby fuel stations. select one of them and you are on your way. This car is going to teach me to be very lazy.
Another great asset is the HUD. I was having doubts about ordering this option but I have to say, its is great, and another product that makes driving easy. I can see the road speed, the cruise control values and the navigation direction information. I wish I had the speed limit camera option as well.
I still have a lot to learn so more later.

Guest 2
28-03-2011, 07:54 PM
By what youve wrote then im sure you'll be finding hidden things everyday for the next few months!

Do you have any pictures of the interior? That satnav redirecting you would be handy and save those worrying few miles trying to find one on the POI's in the normal nav (my 2g).

If possible (and without breaking the law) could you post an image of the HUD in action? :)

As I said before, enjoy it and keep it between the hedges :)

Edit - You're now the second A7 owner on here!

shabazmo
29-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Quite simply the HUD just gets better. If you are buying a car, this is a must. Pics below

Guest 2
29-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Looks good, right in the line of vision aswell. I remember driving a E60 M5 for 2 days and the HUD was placed lower than that so you physically had to move your eyes to look at it, whereas with that you don't by looking at your picture.

I seen a White A7 this afternoon and it looked great. They have good road presence.