PDA

View Full Version : Question Can i fit PDC to the front of my Plus?

jonnieboyracer
26-03-2011, 08:07 PM
I have bought a 2006 Golf Plus as a present for my mother - actually going to give it to her next Sunday on Mother's Day - she knows nothing about it.

It has PDC at the rear, "factory-fit". Was front PDC ever an option on the Plus? If not, is it possible to have it fitted as an aftermarket option but linked to the canbus so, for example, it activates after reverse has been used an continues to operate until the speed goes above 5mph (or something like that)?

I'm not really interested in an aftermarket version which requires "turning on" by means of a push button.

Thanks in advance (if anyone can help).

Jon

genix
02-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Was front PDC ever an option on the Plus? .

Jon

Not for the old Plus; only the new model (2009 onwards) has factory fit sensors in the front bumper(as Parking Assist).

For GPlus (2005-2009) VW garages can fit only rear sensors, but you can have aftermarket ones.

jonnieboyracer
02-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Not for the old Plus; only the new model (2009 onwards) has factory fit sensors in the front bumper(as Parking Assist).

For GPlus (2005-2009) VW garages can fit only rear sensors, but you can have aftermarket ones.

Thanks for that - more or less what I suspected. I will give her the car - and if she doesn't like the "disappearing bonnet", will fit aftermarket sensors. :)