PDA

View Full Version : Write protected ECU

ianmandlindaf
26-03-2011, 09:27 AM
I have a A6 S line special edition 2.0TDI 170, that is three weeks old and have 3500 miles on it.

I have been told by Evolve that the ECU is mod protected and they cannot do anything yet.

Does anyone know of someone that can overcome this or anyone that is working on this as I would like to remap as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Ian

a8 tech
26-03-2011, 09:30 AM
do you mean the previous map has locked out or are you referring to the original ecu software

ianmandlindaf
26-03-2011, 10:11 AM
As I understand it the ECU cannot be written to as it is protected from being remapped by the manufacturer, This is a new car registered on the 1st March 2011.

protune
29-03-2011, 10:04 AM
As I understand it the ECU cannot be written to as it is protected from being remapped by the manufacturer, This is a new car registered on the 1st March 2011.

True true, Bosch have included anti tuning software on ECU's from approx 59 plate onwards...

we can get past it, but you would need to remove the ECU and post it to us as the procedure would need to be carried out on the bench..

ianmandlindaf
02-04-2011, 09:42 PM
we can get past it, but you would need to remove the ECU and post it to us as the procedure would need to be carried out on the bench..

Thanks for the the offer but there is no way I would remove the ECU from the car and post it off, I would be leaving myself open to having a £30k car immobilised and unusable should something happen to the ECU in transit.

protune
02-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the the offer but there is no way I would remove the ECU from the car and post it off, I would be leaving myself open to having a £30k car immobilised and unusable should something happen to the ECU in transit.

Well unless you can find someone local to do it, then your stcuk...

we have about 10-15 ECU's arrive in the post every week, from home and abroad, we ask for them to be posted special delivery with £2500 insurance on them and we return them the same way...

To date we havent lost any soldiers in this battle..

FlashRemapping
03-04-2011, 11:06 AM
I have a A6 S line special edition 2.0TDI 170, that is three weeks old and have 3500 miles on it.

I have been told by Evolve that the ECU is mod protected and they cannot do anything yet.

Does anyone know of someone that can overcome this or anyone that is working on this as I would like to remap as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Ian

Hi Ian
This is no problem
Yes it has a tri-core ECU and that will have tuning protections
We can get past this by programming direct to it

It does mean the ecu will have to be removed from the vehicle and opened
but no soldering using alietech tri core programming tool

David Lewis
www.flashremapping.co.uk (http://www.flashremapping.co.uk)

FlashRemapping
03-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Alternatively you could try a tuning box
Work well on common rail diesel engines

http://www.flashremapping.co.uk/cms/default.asp?iId=FHDHFJ

ianmandlindaf
06-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Hi Ian
This is no problem
Yes it has a tri-core ECU and that will have tuning protections
We can get past this by programming direct to it

It does mean the ecu will have to be removed from the vehicle and opened
but no soldering using alietech tri core programming tool

David Lewis
www.flashremapping.co.uk (http://www.flashremapping.co.uk)

Thank you for your reply, I have been to Revo today and the ECU apparently is a new type that they had not seen before, it is now unlocked and they are writing the program so I will just need to go back in the next few days to have it uploaded to the car. :D

a8 tech
06-04-2011, 08:55 PM
can you do me a favour, ask them if uds diagnostic protocol has any bearing in flashing the ecu

ignore this just asked a friend about it and its nowt to do with uds

leonwilliams455
21-04-2018, 11:37 PM
Thank you for your reply, I have been to Revo today and the ECU apparently is a new type that they had not seen before, it is now unlocked and they are writing the program so I will just need to go back in the next few days to have it uploaded to the car. :DHi I have 2011 sportback with ecu protected what did it cost to get it unlocked if you don't mind. You can pm me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk