PDA

View Full Version : Avant rear light rubber covers

mikeybutch
25-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Just realised that these should go over the cluster not behind which both were on mine and one on my sons.Its a squeeze to get them out so all three were probably squashed there when some one changed a bulb and carelessly replaced the cluster over the rubber.Possible cause of condensation in the lights?

coup80
26-03-2011, 01:28 AM
do they not jus sit behind the light?think mine are wrong to then

mikeybutch
26-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Thats what I thought and they have been behind since I bought the car 2 years ago .I have been investigating cause of water found in the wheel well and checking that clusters do not leak into the boot which they dont cos water draining outside the seal can run out past them under the car.I have never taken off the clusters which is tricky but someone has and fitted them back over the seals.If you pull the rubber edges out you will see that they mould to the body and clearly will direct water out the rear which makes sense.You should not have to take the clusters off unless you want to

coup80
27-03-2011, 08:55 PM
turns out my rubbers are fitted correctly,but its funny you say you have a leak because a few months ago a youth smashed my back window and i got it fixed under insurance however i noticed a few small puddles in boot and just assumed it must be window that hadnt been fitted correct and was leaking,after going back to auto glass and complaining they did a water test on window and informed me that the leak was actually coming in from the 3rd brake light above windom and running down inside of trim and into boot.

just a thought it might be the same on yours.

mine is the avant

coup80
27-03-2011, 09:00 PM
sorry mikeybutch didnt reallise it was you that sent me the same message the other day

mikeybutch
28-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Thats OK did you check the poppers behind the trim at the edge of the roof?I cant think of any other cause of a leak but will also put sealant round the top light