PDA

View Full Version : A4 Dynamik

kodkod.84
24-03-2011, 11:16 AM
This morning whilst I was at Norwich Audi getting my coil packs changed under an Audi campaign there was an unusual looking A4 Avant titled 'Dynamik'.

It is visually more striking than the s-line with rear diffuser and front splitter in silver. I didn't like the wheels though a polished silver and black rotor affair that looks a bit naff.

Where does this slot in on the model line up- there were no s-line badging anywhere but it had sport seats 3 spoke sports steering wheel.

pitch3110
24-03-2011, 09:06 PM
That's interesting.
I have a meeting on the business park tomorrow so will pop in for a look.

Pitch

baylissboy
25-03-2011, 12:29 AM
It's an Audi UK thing, they've taken a "normal" A4 & blinged it up!! You're right about the wheels, they're really naff!! £35K for something that looks like it's been driven through Halfords & some of their worse tatt has stuck to it!!
:D

Guest 2
25-03-2011, 08:39 AM
'Audi A4 Halfords Special' rather than Dynamik ;)

I tried Googling it and couldnt find anything about it.

kodkod.84
25-03-2011, 08:47 AM
It did have the look of a parts bin special ala B8 is on it's way out for a facelift- a bit like the Passat R-line.

Pitch- there are two parked on the hardstanding as you drive into the forecourt and also a black avant inside.

Also sat in the silver A7- that has one lush interior!, I'm too scared to sit in the blue R8 though :D

theskyfox
25-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Also sat in the silver A7- that has one lush interior!, I'm too scared to sit in the blue R8 though

I noticed even at Audi Southend...the R8 is the only car they seem to keep locked in the showroom. All the others you can crawl over, pull apart and press the buttons in....

-Andrew

lozzermo
25-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I hate it when they try to jazz up motors using dealer fit parts. Devalues the image. I always imagine a geezer called Terry in the bodyshop sticking bits on because they are there! Probably drives a Saxo with Lexus lights and those sparco seatbelt 'cushions'. Re R8, the guys at Docklands Audi let my boys have a sit in a Spyder. I guess being the Docklands branch the R8 probably outsells the A4 at bankers bonus time ;-)

Guest 2
25-03-2011, 07:39 PM
I noticed even at Audi Southend...the R8 is the only car they seem to keep locked in the showroom. All the others you can crawl over, pull apart and press the buttons in..

A BMW dealer near me keeps ALL their showroom cars locked?! That was a couple of years ago and haven't been in since so it might've changed :)

Sportwag
26-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Is this yet another Audi Special Edition (attempting to beat Citroen's record) or a blinged up dealer special with everything gathering dust in the parts department thrown on?

pitch3110
28-03-2011, 04:08 PM
This morning whilst I was at Norwich Audi getting my coil packs changed under an Audi campaign there was an unusual looking A4 Avant titled 'Dynamik'.

It is visually more striking than the s-line with rear diffuser and front splitter in silver. I didn't like the wheels though a polished silver and black rotor affair that looks a bit naff.

Where does this slot in on the model line up- there were no s-line badging anywhere but it had sport seats 3 spoke sports steering wheel.

Just popped in there mate and that is the most hideous thing I have seen.
What in gods name are they thinking about.

There is a black and a White saloon outside as well.

Pitch

Guest 2
28-03-2011, 04:44 PM
No pic to show us? :(

Zenerdiode
28-03-2011, 11:36 PM
...and those sparco seatbelt 'cushions'
I remember my mate had a Fiat Punto and he bought those 'muffs' for his seatbelts. Sliding down the belt; his girlfriend got her foot caght by it as she tried to get out of the car. Lets say it was a less dignified exit than usual.

I remember seeing a different kind of 'muff' that day too...

kodkod.84
29-03-2011, 07:42 AM
No pic to show us? :(

Yeah I should have got some pics thinking about it now.

It looked a lot like this one but I think the splitter and diffuser is slightly different- same gopping wheels though

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/a4/2.0-tdi-170-ps-se-avant/huntingdon/601315353-11255.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

Big Bird
29-03-2011, 07:15 PM
I remember my mate had a Fiat Punto and he bought those 'muffs' for his seatbelts. Sliding down the belt; his girlfriend got her foot caght by it as she tried to get out of the car. Lets say it was a less dignified exit than usual.

I remember seeing a different kind of 'muff' that day too...

PICS?????!!!!!!:beerchug::biglaugh:

Big Bird
29-03-2011, 07:17 PM
It looked a lot like this one but I think the splitter and diffuser is slightly different- same gopping wheels though

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/a4/2.0-tdi-170-ps-se-avant/huntingdon/601315353-11255.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

£40k for a 2.0 TDi?????????????????? 2nd hand too????????:confused:

Think i'd be plumping for an S4....

Guest 2
29-03-2011, 07:22 PM
£40k for a 2.0 TDi?????????????????? 2nd hand too????????:confused:

Think i'd be plumping for an S4....

Wow! That's alot. Ok it does have a bit of spec but still. £40k is alot for a SE and 2.0tdi.

Big Bird
29-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Wow! That's alot. Ok it does have a bit of spec but still. £40k is alot for a SE and 2.0tdi.

Totally. My 2.0T quattro S-line fully loaded was £40 new, but i picked it up 3 months later with 3k miles on it for less than £30k...!!!!

£40k for a car (esp a TDi....) with 1500 miles is a joke.

HighwayTG
30-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Audi A4 Technik is a stanadard Audi A4 SE with addition of ...

Interior equipment

Milano leather upholstery

Audio and communication

Satellite Navigation system – DVD-based
Audi Music Interface

Safety and security
Audi parking system plus

theskyfox
31-03-2011, 09:05 AM

Definately. My Brand new A4 3.0TDi was about £37k specced up....and that was with all the extras I wanted...and S line!!

troc
31-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Indeedy, my S4 was only about 44k with the spec I chose and you can get a decently specced one with all the go-faster bits for around 40k easily.

Maybe they really really value mpg above all?

riggssuzuki
02-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Can I just say that I have bought on of your so called Halfords specials!!!!! Personally I loved it. I like the wheels and the general look of the car and i even went for the white one. Pity you are all so down on the look of it. All my friends and colleagues think its a cracking looking car. Unfortunately Audi have let me down and by the looks of it retain the same attitude as a few people on this forum. I drove the car and going over a drain cover the door rattled. At 60mph there is a very bad rattle from the LH A pillar. 4 hrs at the garage and they couldnt find the issue. Not happy! Car is still at the ********!!!!! Only 90 ish miles on it. Time to go back to BMW methinks.

Bratty
03-08-2011, 12:22 AM
You bought the car cause You Liked it! :approve::approve:

Just hope you are not slagging "Highland Audi"!!?!! Cause they ARE!! Untouchable!
Dunk

jakerade
03-08-2011, 10:23 AM
I drove the car and going over a drain cover the door rattled. At 60mph there is a very bad rattle from the LH A pillar. 4 hrs at the garage and they couldnt find the issue. Not happy! Car is still at the ********!!!!! Only 90 ish miles on it. Time to go back to BMW methinks.

Door rattle is probably the glossy window trim. It rubs against a rubber seal on the rear door which makes it rattle (as its not fixed to the door properly....). Quick fix is to spray some clear silicon spray on the seal or put some wiring look tape on inside edge of the trim where it touches the seal. Dealer has looked at mine about 6 times now and is finally coming around to my way of thinking on how to fix the problem and has ordered an "anti-creak" kit from germany.

riggssuzuki
03-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Jakerade. Looks like you was right. They greased the seals and say the noise is gone. The A pillar rattle was 2 loose clips on a wiring loom. Might be getting some free mudflaps thrown in for the inconvenience. Confidence restored in Audi. I'm easily pleased LOL :-)

jakerade
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
unfortunately it will be back in a few weeks if it rains :(

THere is another thread on this which i will update if the kit works. Other wise just spray clear silicon on the seal regularly or put some loom tape on the edge of the door.

riggssuzuki
03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
what do you mean by loom tape and where on the door?

jakerade
04-08-2011, 09:28 AM
on the drivers door there is a black glossy strip nearest the B pillar. On the corresponding rear door there is a vertical seal which the glossy strip on the front door sits against.

Wiring loom tape is the fabric tape you typically find wiring looms wrapped in behind the dash. I ran some down the inside edge of the glossy strip where it touches the rear door seal (eg so you cannot see it from the out side but you can when you open the door)