PDA

View Full Version : Sweaty knob

Hughmungus
22-03-2011, 08:28 PM
It's just over a year since I took delivery of my 1.6 TDi SE DSG and I must say I'm still loving it. I had someone reverse into me in a car park and damaged the bumper last June but that's been re sprayed.

The only phenomenon is I have a recurring sweaty knob that only happens during the warmer weather, indeed my knob has been sweating this week. Ok enough is enough I'm talking about the door mirror knob!. When it gets warm in the car there is what appears to be a patch of grease appears round the white dot, I wipe it off the next time I look its back, very weird. I'm not bothered I just think it's funny and suits my schoolboy humour.

So not bad after 12 months, all I get to report is a sweaty knob ;)

On another note I'm off to Europe in a couple of weeks, can anyone tell me if there is a manual lever to make the lights right side of the road driveable if you know what I mean. I don't have the multifunction interface being an SE. I have searched all over the place but no definitive answer. Do I have to buy beam benders?

Many thanks

Guest 2
22-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Err ...

MacHighlander
22-03-2011, 09:13 PM
This thread has to be a total wind up. :confused:

Guest 2
22-03-2011, 09:19 PM
It made me chuckle :)

Hughmungus
22-03-2011, 09:40 PM
No it's not a wind up, not April 1st just yet. I'll post a picture if I can get time tomorrow. It may well be something they used on the plastic on the pdi I don't know but it's worse when it's really hot. As I said I'm not bothered but thought I would share it with you :).

I really need an answer to my question about the headlamps. Although I don't intend to do to much night driving I may have to on occasions so want to be prepared.

Thanks

Guest 2
22-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Forgot it's April 1st soon, need a joke to play on the wife lol.

Do you have Xenons or halogens?

Keithuk
22-03-2011, 10:25 PM
If you Google it it looks like you have to get some of those black adhesive slickers from Halfords.

Nice joke about the switch.

welshpedro
23-03-2011, 10:21 AM
....... I'll post a picture if I can get time tomorrow.........
Thanks

Oh great... a picture of your sweaty knob......:aargh4:

iwaters
23-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Go see you Doctor he will give you a cream that will clear it right up (so I've heard).

Hughmungus
23-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Here it is my sweaty knob in all it's glory this afternoon. I wiped it off yesterday and it's back!. :biglaugh:

I'll google some beam benders just a bit concerned about removing them after thats all, or I might see how they fare if I just lower them on the levelling control.

http://i55.tinypic.com/10x7uvd.jpg

kamikaze06
24-03-2011, 01:42 AM
It's just over a year since I took delivery of my 1.6 TDi SE DSG and I must say I'm still loving it. I had someone reverse into me in a car park and damaged the bumper last June but that's been re sprayed.

The only phenomenon is I have a recurring sweaty knob that only happens during the warmer weather, indeed my knob has been sweating this week. Ok enough is enough I'm talking about the door mirror knob!. When it gets warm in the car there is what appears to be a patch of grease appears round the white dot, I wipe it off the next time I look its back, very weird. I'm not bothered I just think it's funny and suits my schoolboy humour.

So not bad after 12 months, all I get to report is a sweaty knob ;)

On another note I'm off to Europe in a couple of weeks, can anyone tell me if there is a manual lever to make the lights right side of the road driveable if you know what I mean. I don't have the multifunction interface being an SE. I have searched all over the place but no definitive answer. Do I have to buy beam benders?

Many thanks

Oooooooooh, I just can't wait to see what happens to mine, I do so love a golf. It's so, how can one say, vibrant and exciting. I am so disappointed that mine has remained dry for 10, 000 miles, but I live in anticipation. Now where is that switch!? :biglaugh:

percymon
24-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Uuuuuuggghhhh !!

Chris-h
24-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Self adhesive beam benders normally come off ok - but best to do it as soon as you get back to the uk. The French fuzz don't like UK cars shining their lights into French faces unnecessarily and can nick you - be warned!

Hughmungus
25-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the advice I have ordered some so will do just that and take them off as soon as.

Gerryf
25-03-2011, 02:43 PM
It's best to avoid these ones :biglaugh:

http://www.furrytalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/16.jpg

netherfield
26-03-2011, 07:23 AM
It's usually the heated leather seats that cause a sweaty knob.

Gerryf
26-03-2011, 09:28 AM
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

smithysmudger
26-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Can't say I've ever had your problem, could be due to the added ventilation achieved by wearing the kilt.:approve:

percymon
28-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Well would you believe it...

Saturday morning, went out the the car, which was in full sunlight and what do i find - a sweaty knob !!