PDA

View Full Version : Tail Gating

Jezza38
22-03-2011, 05:52 PM
I am really keen to improve this aspect of my driving, can any fellow A5 drivers give me any tips on how to maximise, or minimise if you will, my close following technique.

I thought that I could use the merging of headlights in a way similar to how the dam-busters used spot lights to gauge how high above the water they were.

Thanks in advance,

Jez.

JimC64
22-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah funny Jezz.......right up to the point where you prang ( dambusters slang for crashing ) your car right into those innocents in front of you:(

No offence, but you obviously need to grow up. Don't get me wrong I was young and follish once myself and went through all sorts of hassle.
Speaking as someone older / wiser I'd suggest you think again!

Guest 2
22-03-2011, 06:43 PM
I'm with Jim on this one, what if someone was tailgating you and you suddenly had to brake and the 'gater rear ended you?

NickPicks
23-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Always nice to see a troll, but can we have our money back on this one, as it's rubbish!

Even quoting from Jeremy Clarkson's description of the Jaguar's adaptive cruise control, which can be set from "safe following distance" right down to "the full Audi" distance of 2 feet. I thought that was funny, but most of us Audi drivers are able to laugh at the way we're seen as tail gating non indicating male chickens.

This troll's just a twit.