PDA

View Full Version : oil breather pipe

raymondbilko
21-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Hi guys as anybody had the oil breather pipe go on their 2.4 v6 engine the part no is 076-103-224-M i have been quoted 66 quid for a bit of plastic thats only 2ft in lenth either they have the no,s mixed up or thats the real deal so has anybody had one cheaper than the 66 quid iv been quoted any help would be most welcome. thanks

hibbsy21
22-03-2011, 01:29 AM
personally i'd like to stop it from going into the intake! it just fills it full of crap, but i dont know if you can mod it to have a mini breather filter on the rocker case? Any ideas on that?

raymondbilko
24-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Hi i have removed the pipe and the car is running ok with no oil leaking as far as i can see. I will fit a small pipe and see what the results will be. you are right when you said it fills with crud took me half hour to clean the rocker cover outlet.

olfer
25-03-2011, 10:48 AM
The price you were quoted is what I paid a year ago.
I have never seen a piece of plastic break into so many pieces on an engine. Pathetic choice of material and the most expensive plastic pipe I have ever bought.(it makes Porsche parts look cheap)
Thought about making up something suitable from rubber vacuum hose but did not have the time or patience.
The engine ran fine without it.