PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi A3 2002 1.9TDI Intercooler pipe?

acdcdas
21-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi,

I was overdoing the throttle a bit yesterday and heard a pop, followed by ultra poor performance.
I looked under the bonnet and noticed the pipe coming from the accelerator had come off and kept coming off every time i accelerated.
I think this is the intercooler pipe?
Well the nodule that lets the clip hold the pipe in place has worn away so i need to replace it.
Does anyone know if this is a fairly easy job or is it for a garage?
Im quite good at repairs but i dont have the computer system for audis. Do i need it for this?
Also the light keeps coming on saying it is overheating, although ive checked and it isnt and the water levels are fine. Is there a way of reseting this without the computer system?

Thanks for any help

Tom

Sly
21-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Not sure about your pipe but the audi hose clips aren't reusable, just get a big jubilee clip around it.

The overheat light, if it shows up on the dash in orange with like a thermometer in some liquid then I think this is the low coolant level indicator. Despite the level looking fine, sometimes just topping it up another inch cures this, worth a try at least.

acdcdas
21-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately i cant put a jubilee clip around it as it fits into a metal fitting (whole accelerator bit, looks like a carburetter) so no matter how much i was to tighten the clip it wouldn't grasp the pipe.
Hope that makes sense. Essentially the part that has come loose has a male fitting that goes into a cast steel fitting.
I will look into the coolant level though.

andrew-spike
25-03-2011, 07:24 PM
i think the pipe your on about,went on my car a while back,has it got 2 metal lugs that have worn down so wont stay in the egr valve,if so i got one from audi for 43 quid i belive,and you dont need the computer to reset it! hope this helps!