PDA

View Full Version : VCDS/VAG COM-Lite - A little help needed for solving False Alarms - GolfIV TDI SE 115 2000.

LavaGiant
20-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi,

I have VCDS Lite and are trying to solve my problem of the alarm keeps going off.
I need just a little guidance in as much as I want to make sure Im reading the VAG_COM windows right and getting the correct windows etc.
I think this is the correct screen to see what the last four occurances that set the alarm off:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7718/alarmcode.th.jpg (http://img690.imageshack.us/i/alarmcode.jpg/)

Does anyone now what code 18 is? I know the tailgate handle is 1 so it isnt that. i cant find any info on any forums about this.

regard LG

kenney
20-03-2011, 02:29 PM
there is no 18
Possible sources of alarm
Display

Boot lid/tailgate contact switch

Rear right rotary latch switch

Rear left rotary latch switch

Front passenger rotary latch sw.

Driver's rotary latch sw.

Ignition

Immobilizer

Interior monitoring

Bonnet contact switch

Driver's rotary latch switch

No alarm

LavaGiant
20-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Big thank you, did you look at the screen dump, has my little alarm has found a new code to go off with lol.

It really does think there is a number 18 !

Nothing on this car is ever easy!!

Crasher
20-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Alarm sources
Rotary latch switch DD = 1
Rotary latch switch RL = 2
Rotary latch switch RR = 4
Rotary latch switch PD = 8
Tailgate contact switch = 16
Immobiliser - none, or wrong key = 17
Interruption of the contact with the alarm system with independent supply = 18
Engine hood contact switch = 32
Ignition terminal 15 = 64
Interior monitoring = 128
No alarm = 255

LavaGiant
20-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Once again a big thank you for your help. It was the first time i put something up in the forums like this.

I do appreciate both of your help.

Looks like a chase around the loom again, I had to do this a couple of times as i had fan probs!!!

Do you know where the alarm codes are documented? I tried all sorts of google searches but could not find any list of codes which you have given me!
May help with someone else in the future!

Regards and Best Wishes,

LavaGiant.

Crasher
20-03-2011, 06:36 PM
That list was from a source that is not easily available.

bearthebruce
22-03-2011, 03:10 AM
Knowing other Vdub systems, but not saying for sure this is your problem, if you add 17+1 you get 18. So, is the immo light on? Then the alarm could be set by the immobilizer in combo with the rotary latch switch DD (as described by Crasher) or by the bonnet/tailgate latch (as described by kenny).