PDA

View Full Version : t4 tdi cut out

hog dog
04-07-2007, 04:51 PM
hi this is my first thread i have a transporter 2.5 tdi 2000 in year it stoped on me last week i have tried relay 109 crank shaft sencer. a couple of times it has started and run for a couple of mile then cut out it is in a garage at the moment he has pluged into the odb plug but sayes he is not getting a reading from the pump any one got any idears

hog dog
04-07-2007, 05:59 PM
also the glowplug light is flashing al the time

justinbaker
05-07-2007, 08:42 AM
Same Scenario here, but I dont get the glow plug light. The rain isnt helping in my fix.

Have you swapped relay 109?

hog dog
05-07-2007, 09:59 AM
yes changed relay and checked connections but no luck running out of idears

justinbaker
05-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Can they ad the ECU?

ianrm
07-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi,

I've had a cutout problem for some time. It is internittant, happening only ever 3,000 to 6,000kms, the blinking glowplug light more often. I do 150,000 to 200,000kms a year and some of the cuttouts could have got me killed in a differant situation.
I've been advised by VW dealer mechanics (several) here in Australia, that the blinking glowplug light is telling you that you have a sensor error and an error may ( but doesn't always in my case) show up in the error log, when they plug their machine into the loom to check the ECU.

Very frustrating problem, especially when 2 differant dealers quote differant fixes, Car is 2000 Transporter TDi , problem started at 170,000kms, 6 months ago, now up to 220,000kms.

Fix A:
New injector pump. $3300.00

Fix B:
New injector pump AND new ECU $5500.00

Can't help thinking it may just be a broken wire insde the insulation or simular. Runs perfect for thosands, then runs amuk???

Ian... Feedback appreciated.
Feel free to mail me on ian AT oversize DOT com DOT au

justinbaker
08-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Guys I am still not having any luck, but rather than pulling the vehicle appart any further I have put it all back as was. I have send payment for the manual on ebay now, so hope to shed some light on the wiring.

If anyone needs info out of it then just ask. I am hoping it to be with me Tuesday.

I shall visit ********* later for a battery charger, and try and find some contact cleaner.

hog dog
09-07-2007, 10:24 AM
i dont know wat you mean by ad the ecu
it has been put on a reader but the guy said he could not get a reading from the ecu for the engine got one for the abs but not the engine what i need to know is what the readings on the ten pin plug shoud be then i could maybe findout what is not working if thay are ok it must be the pump
thanks paul

justinbaker
11-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Well I had mine recovered to an automotive Electrical engineer today, who have located my trouble to be the immobilizer. This means that the van has to go to a VW garage due to cloak and dagger nature of these parts.

So rang VW van centre to book it in and they asked what the fault was... Cant read ECU etc. "no it shouldnt stop the ECU being read"

This is ridiculous. Its been to 3 different garages now!!!!

Unless anyone else has a solution?

hog dog
11-07-2007, 03:37 PM
have had mine towed to a diesel repair shop now was told it was the elecs on the pump will tell you how we get on
paul

hog dog
27-07-2007, 04:58 PM
got it sorted now it was the pump had it replaced cost £850 all seams ok now