PDA

View Full Version : What Colour Have You Picked ?

D4D
17-03-2011, 12:58 AM
I spent ages mulling over the colour - ended up going for Night Blue, what did you go for ?

Any particular reason (other than you liked it !)

VeDubDan
17-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Mines white - thought it would go well with the tinted windows and the silver trim. Seen alot of white golfs and i just love the look.

The Fingers
18-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Ended at White also...........

fought myself over, Island Grey, Black and Mocca (seen a Mocca Se and it looks nice)

Three more get ups.........:D

VeDubDan
18-03-2011, 11:01 AM
oh i'm excited for for you!

Still no date for me althought i was told no later than next friday!

:-)

cameraman
18-03-2011, 07:34 PM
I'll be going for Candy White, that's the one thing I'm certain of, for the same reasons as VeDubDan

logiclee
20-03-2011, 08:52 PM
I've only ever seen one candy white Passat and that's my own. Nice to know it's becoming popular on bigger saloons.

Cheers
Lee

ian foot
31-03-2011, 09:17 AM
I've gone for the Urano Grey - I wasn't going to pay extra for a colour, and wasn't keen on the Tornado Red on such a big car. However, not seen the Urano Grey in the flesh so curious to see what it'll actually look like.

qblue
02-04-2011, 08:44 AM
I have got Urano Grey - was delivered on 7th March 11.
(I didn't get a choice with the colour as it is a company car).

walker77
02-04-2011, 07:38 PM
I've picked Deep Black and Island Grey but still havent made up my mind!

Dont think I have the dedication to keep a black car in the manner it should be kept. So had convinced myself that Island Grey was the way forward. Then i saw an Auto Express article with the Deep Black sport version and thought it looked very nice.

I think I might just have to make my decision based on the responses to this thread!

D4D
02-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I currently drive a Metallic Black Volvo and it swirls up a bugger, I have to "de-swirl" twice a year, every year - its due another now, I love the colour but not the work !

Thats why I went for the night blue, kind of hoping its still dark but blue in the curves and "might" not swirl as much. I like the look of the white cars about, a colleague has a white Audi, looks mint - when its clean - which is not often !

richard t
18-04-2011, 06:17 AM
I've gone for white as well, seems to be more and more popular these days. Mine should arrive this morning :D

The Fingers
18-04-2011, 02:34 PM
I've gone for white as well, seems to be more and more popular these days. Mine should arrive this morning :D

Nice colour choice..................

Mud flaps you will wish you specced those in about.......................1 day!!!!!!!

Mine is on about 1500 miles and has been washed what feels like 1500 times.

Have just noticed there is a bit of a flaw, crud leaks in under every door onto the lower white painted section of the cills, and there seems to be a goove in the bottom of the door which collects crud. Its driving me nuts!!!!!

When its clean its possibly the best colour and i love it, however drive it for 10 minutes after you have cleaned it, it needs a wash.

Anyway gotta go wash car AGAIN!!!!!

logiclee
18-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Nice colour choice..................

Mud flaps you will wish you specced those in about.......................1 day!!!!!!!

Mine is on about 1500 miles and has been washed what feels like 1500 times.

Maybe two days if it's dry. :biglaugh:

Just wait for the winter months and the salt, slurry and spray. :(

Took to jetwashing mine every few days and washing weekly through winter apart from the couple of weeks when it was -10 to -15 degrees.

So with the candy white paint 7 months old and spring approaching I decided to give it a good days treatment but was suprised how many little black and coloured tiny spots had stuck to the paint especially on the side doors and on the back. That's even though the car has Autoglym lifeshine treatment.
So sore back and throbing arms later it's back to former glory.

White does take a lot of washing but it's lots more forgiving than black when drying and polishing. Through the winter even a jetwash and wash with no leathering got the car looking 90%. Do that in black and it would look worse than being dirty.

So enjoy the Summer while it lasts.:D

Cheers
Lee

Passat Sport
03-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I went for Tornado Red - was not going to pay extra for metallic on a company car. White looked like too much work and Urano Grey too dark with the standard upholstery on the Sport. In the event it is stunning and the chrome trim really sets it off

BenR
06-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Just agreeing the order for an SE Estate Tdi manual in Night Blue, can't wait. This one is going to reduce my monthly tax bill by around £135 as well over the present B6. Company is paying £22,075 cash, on the road.

The Fingers
07-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Just agreeing the order for an SE Estate Tdi manual in Night Blue, can't wait. This one is going to reduce my monthly tax bill by around £135 as well over the present B6. Company is paying £22,075 cash, on the road.

I wouldn't expect that tax bill to drop instantly, i swapped a B6 2.0 TDI DSG for a new 2.0 TDI manual in march. As you say the tax bill is alot less due to the lower emmissions, however i am still awaiting a coding notice to say the tax has changed so am still paying the massive DSG B6 bill (ouch) our accounts dept blame the tax office and guess what the tax office blames our accounts dept.

Getting money off of the tax man is a lot harder than the tax man getting money off me. I have just had a grand back from a mess up when i changed into the B6 three years ago. I even had 8 weeks of 'yeah erm......the cheque is in the post ring us if its not there in 10 days'

Passat Sport
07-06-2011, 09:02 PM
You need to keep pestering the tax man. Given half a chance they'll leave the adjustment until next year. I wrote the moment that I had confirmed delivery - their response was to write back saying that they'd wait until my employer officially informed them. I've written back insisting that the tax code be changed on the basis of my information as the taxpayer. Should they unreasonably delay then I would be claiming interest on the overpaid tax.

pauldoherty
23-07-2011, 11:35 PM
I am considering going for a 2.0tdi 170bhp Sport, probably in black as always, from my current A4 2.0tdi 2.0 143 with the big incentive of saving over £100 a month in tax. In my experience, if you ring up the tax office once you take delivery, then they will amend your car details over the phone. simples.

D4D
24-07-2011, 01:10 AM
In my experience, if you ring up the tax office once you take delivery, then they will amend your car details over the phone. simples.

I can confirm this. I've just had my first wage slip after ringing them, £170 per month better off, very nice thank you ;)

jazzert100
21-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Ordered Cashmere, now hoping it won't look too much like a 70's Granada!!

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/front_website/octane_interact/modelpicture.php?id=5416

D4D
22-09-2011, 01:25 PM
That was my other colour choice, which was my first choice for a bit.

The only reason I changed my mind was that I couldn't see it in the skin as none of the dealers I rang had a car in that colour. People would ask which colour I was choosing, Cashmere I would say, ahh Brown they would say. This put me off a fair bit, as I'm easily swayed !!

I have now seen a cashmere saloon and an estate and they look really nice imho, I think I probably prefer it over the night blue I chose. I definatley think its a rarer colour - which is good :)

The Fingers
22-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Ordered Cashmere, now hoping it won't look too much like a 70's Granada!!

http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/front_website/octane_interact/modelpicture.php?id=5416

I actually had a look at this colour in the flesh before mine was delivered. It suits the Passat very well i am sure you will like.

M88STR
21-11-2011, 09:10 PM
I went for the Black with the Espresso interior . . . .although the dealer said the whole interior wont be a browny colour like it looks on the website it actually is, inc the dash.

Does look that bad to be honest its different (in my opinion), its like a hint of brown.

jazzert100
23-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Now cancelled car 6 month wait is just too long!!

Tradewind25
31-12-2011, 11:21 AM
For me the choice was easy: Tornado Red.
Why?
a) I object to paying extra for "special" paint, especially when most are variations on boring silver & Grey.
b) White? Nice, but I live on the west coast of Scotland where it rarely stops raining long enough to wash the car properly!

Oh and the best car I ever owned was a red Saab 900 Turbo. :D

grobvw
05-01-2012, 11:29 AM
ISLAND GREY is nice15422

jamoca
18-02-2012, 03:54 PM
I went for Island Grey - in my opinion the nicest colour in the flesh.

I'm not a fan of white!

daviesr1
31-12-2012, 11:40 AM
I went for a very good deal, on a pre registered car, and the choice of colours was limited. I could choose silver, or iron grey. They showed me the swatch of iron grey, and I went for this, curious how it would appear in the 'flesh'. I was expecting a dark grey, similar ot island grey, but was surprised as it's like quite light, closer to a sky blue grey. From some angles it appears more blue, and from another angle more grey, but I do like the colour (fortunately).

Richard

rjt64
08-05-2014, 04:37 PM
I know that this thread started a long while ago, but I felt I just had to say something about colours.

I had Deep Black (metallic) on my last B6 estate, and Black (non metallic) on the Golf estate before that.

So thought a change was in order, and so I ordered a B7 in Autumn Brown-without seeing the car....

I have to say I was worried I had made a booboo, but it really does suit the car.
Its got black leather inside-I originally wanted beige- but it wasn't available, and everyone says the car looks great.

So live a little and don't go for the obvious-the B7 suits various colours

D4D
11-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Hi, the Passat's going, long story short I ended up going for a VW CC GT. I was going to pick cashmere as the colour but you can't get it anymore, it's now autumn brown which is more silver in my eyes. Ended up choosing Dark Oak, which is brown. In for a penny etc...

Tackled
11-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Whilst Audi, in line with most other manufacturers charge for anything other than Black, White or Red, I shall be sticking with Black or White. Don't see why a coat of paint should cost extra, especially as the quality of all paints now a days is far inferior to that of 10-15 years ago.

D4D
11-05-2014, 02:20 PM
If you're in the market for a new Passat you can have any colour choice from the list included in the price... Another reason not to buy an Audi...

redhearse
06-06-2014, 09:13 PM
Tornado red as very very few people have that colour. With the Executive style it (my opinion) goes really well with the silver Kansas alloys and the sliver trims around the windows and bumpers/ sills. Ordered the Desert Beige leather too which isn't to all tastes but makes the car really bright and classy. Again with sliver trim and Expresso dash it goes really well. Haven't seen another that colour combination, thats for sure. And yes, i'm sure it will be a worry for some that the interior will get grubby but i do look after my car and it will hopefully stay spotless for years :-)

D4D
14-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Well the Passats gone and the CC's turned up, glad I took the leap of faith and ordered the Dark Oak. Turned up on a sunny day which made the colour truly awesome!!

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn430/kirium_2008/VW%20CC%20GT/VWCCGT-12-6-14noplate_zpsd1db708e.jpg (http://s322.photobucket.com/user/kirium_2008/media/VW%20CC%20GT/VWCCGT-12-6-14noplate_zpsd1db708e.jpg.html)

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn430/kirium_2008/VW%20CC%20GT/VWCCGT-12-6-14Noplaterear_zps51da687d.jpg (http://s322.photobucket.com/user/kirium_2008/media/VW%20CC%20GT/VWCCGT-12-6-14Noplaterear_zps51da687d.jpg.html)