PDA

View Full Version : Question Replacement wiper blades front

PjDali
15-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Looking to replace the wiper blades on my 10 plate A3 Sportback and wondering if the OEM blades Audi dealers supply are as good as you get or has anyone tried Bosch or any other blades and found them better?

Must admit last couple of cars have always just had OEM wiper blades replaced at 12 month intervals so any opinions appreciated. :beerchug:

Thanks

ethers4487
16-03-2011, 12:16 AM
i've just replaced mine with Bosch they are little bit chunkier then the standard ones and look as if they don't fit (but they do) but they held up well driving from the uk back to germnay hope this helps.

danb986
16-03-2011, 03:13 PM
I've used Bosch blades on all my cars and been very happy. My brother had an S-type Jag and he fitted Bosch blades to that. When it went in for a service, Jags put their blades on and threw his Bosch ones out. He was gutted as they new ones weren't half as good as the Bosch ones.

I wonder if the Audi ones are made by someone like Bosch anyway?
I've got a Boxster and when they changed my blades at the dealer they had the Bosch logo's on them. Might be the same with Audi's?

PjDali
16-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Cheers for the replies .........I might just go ahead and buy bosch blades and see how they are as they seem reasonably well reviewed in Autoexpress tests as well.

Will check prices and see how they compare as I reckoned Audi will charge me £39 for both OEM front wipers...and I suspect buyng Bosch may be a little bit cheaper
:beerchug:

Mike Foster
16-03-2011, 10:29 PM
I bought these which are a perfect fit and excellent quality ( obviously ! )

:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-MK2-FRONT-REAR-FLAT-WIPER-BLADES-BOSCH-04-08-/130432826039?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e5e66fab7

PjDali
16-03-2011, 10:44 PM
I reckon I'll give these a go at that price for the 3 Bosch blades :)