PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a new passat?

VeDubDan
15-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Hi - just wondering if anyone on here has the new passat? Gotta couple of questions if so.

The Fingers
15-03-2011, 05:18 PM
not got it yet, as you will know from other threads.............6 more get ups!!

I have sat in a couple of SE's though now what did you want to know.

Go on first question is bound to stump me:D

VeDubDan
15-03-2011, 05:26 PM
I've order the Sport - with leather and the panoramic sunroof.

Automatic boot opening - Am i correct in saying this isn't the feature of waving your foot underneath more like you press a button on the remote and it opens fully, then you press a button on the boot lid and it closes?

The trick of footwaving is for the keyless entry feature?

rep014
15-03-2011, 05:39 PM
I have one on order-the 140PS diesel Sport with DSG. Due to arrive in May. I would love to know who already has one and how they are getting on with it. I hear mixed reports about the gearbox and the stop/start blue motion engine technology? Some reassurance please!!

VeDubDan
15-03-2011, 05:44 PM
I've got the 170BHP DSG now on my Golf and it's mental. Not sure how it's gonna work on the bluemotion engine, sounds odd.

Couldn't imagine my engine turning off as the DSG 170 (and the 140 i imagine) just want to GO FAST ALL the time. It's always chomping on the bit!

The Fingers
15-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Auto Boot opening is as per the b6 with button press on key fob, saloon opens fully, estate just disengages lock. To close use you hands (no button)

I cannot confirm 100% as i saw a video on youtube of a review and it didnt have keyless start button but the boot opened when he waved foot under. could have been cameraman pressing keyfob at right time!!!

I think the stop start willsuit the dsg better, i am just coming out of a B6 with DSG auto hold is a treat on them. You can turn it off anyway and it only works under certain conditions (ie autohold on, out of gear, seat belt on etc etc)

Dont worry about your DSG i have had one for three years, although it was replaced at 55K under warranty. It was on a list of dodgy ones!! I have loved mine, smooth as silk, lightning changes and.................... no matter what the books say they are a lot faster than a manual. My 140 dsg passat keeps up with a manual 170 golf GT (56 CR) only just but it does!!!

Just remember if you have not had one before they are NOT an auto box, they are a manual box with auto control. You can drive them just like a manual with the lever / paddles, in fact if you like the twisties i would advise gearing yourself as the DSG can get a bit mixed up just when you dont want it to. YOU WILL LOVE IT just takes a bit of getting used to. They can also be a little bit GAS..............wait for it.............wait for it..........BOOOOOOOM......Gone. If they had the launch control enabled then they would be lightning away from the lights.

I dont think they are true 'bluemotion' engined they just have 'bluemotion technology' they are definatley more efficient my B6 DSG SE140 emmitted 172g on my p11D where as the new 140 SE Manual BMT is only 119g and the tax liability is less than half.....yes half eddie!!! sorry i watched eddie murphy RAW!!

The Fingers
15-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Just to add another.

DSG = Doesn't Snow Go (do you like what i did there):D

i will say no more you have been warned and will speak to you all next year when its like an upside down toitoise!!!!! Once they get going its OK, stop and come to a hill and well................bring your wellies and a flask.

VeDubDan
15-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Auto Boot opening is as per the b6 with button press on key fob, saloon opens fully, estate just disengages lock. To close use you hands (no button)

I cannot confirm 100% as i saw a video on youtube of a review and it didnt have keyless start button but the boot opened when he waved foot under. could have been cameraman pressing keyfob at right time!!!

I saw a video on youtube of an estate where the woman waves her foot and it opens fully. Then she press a button and it closed fully. No mention of only with keyless entry. Either way - it opened fully and closed fully. I'll try and find it and post it.

Oh and what do you mean by B6?

Eddie Murphy Raw = Genius. Still one of the best standups of all time.

johnloaderuk
15-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I have the 140 TDI Bluemotion Technology engine in my 2010 B6 (the previous model). You soon get used to it, and then you wonder why all engines don't stop when you are stationary, no need at all to keep it running. It just does it so simply, as soon as the brakes are on and you put it in neutral and take you foot off the clutch the engine stops, then restarts the moment you touch the clutch.

The Fingers
16-03-2011, 10:41 AM
I saw a video on youtube of an estate where the woman waves her foot and it opens fully. Then she press a button and it closed fully. No mention of only with keyless entry. Either way - it opened fully and closed fully. I'll try and find it and post it.

Oh and what do you mean by B6?

Eddie Murphy Raw = Genius. Still one of the best standups of all time.

B6 - the old passat, you know the one with the auto hold button on the wrong side :D

I hope the wavvy foot thing is a standard item, but from what i have read its on keyless entry, the logic behind these thoughts is, if you approach the car with bags of shopping (lots of bags if you go shopping with my MRS) it is generally locked without keyless entry boots locked anyway until keys get found in the last pocket you rumage in!! I think there has been a little jiggery pokery on some of the video reviews.

VeDubDan
16-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Yes, after reading it's only on the keyless entry. :(

The Fingers
21-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Well the count down is OVER...................:D

It arrived about an hour ago....... 2.0 TDI (140) SE Candy White

I have only had a swift once round the block so far and up to now i am well impressed.

Bluetooth - paired to Blackberry 9780 no problem, even couples as a bluetooth media device so music without MDI over the air.

Stop Start - works a treat, stop out of gear clutch out.....STOP on auto hold.......as soon as you touch the clutch (1/2 inch travel) starts up again and is ready to go before clutch all way to floor......... Me Likey!!

DAB......Still scratching head over this bit........needs to consult the book!!!:1zhelp:

New SE seats alot more comfy (well the 10 mins i have sat in them)

Well thats enough for now will report back again when i have had it a few days.

Typical i have a mountain of work to do this afternoon so i wont get to drive it for a couple of hours.

VeDubDan
21-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Whoa! Thats cool, so excited.

I'm told mine 'may' arrive tomorrow! I may even drive past the showroom tonight see if i can see it!

Chuffed for ya mate, do report back with more!!

The Fingers
24-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Hi - just wondering if anyone on here has the new passat? Gotta couple of questions if so.

You will have tomorrow............................

Good luck with collection and enjoy your weekend away. save £90 for that tank.

One More Get Up - the count down is almost over:biglaugh:

VeDubDan
28-03-2011, 11:13 AM
You will have tomorrow............................

Good luck with collection and enjoy your weekend away. save £90 for that tank.

One More Get Up - the count down is almost over:biglaugh:

Oh yes - I'm in it! Well worth the wait - plus, the wait kinda adds to the joy of collecting it:biglaugh:

huwey123
22-05-2011, 11:55 AM
I have one on order-the 140PS diesel Sport with DSG. Due to arrive in May. I would love to know who already has one and how they are getting on with it. I hear mixed reports about the gearbox and the stop/start blue motion engine technology? Some reassurance please!!

yes, leased from VW via broker, had it delivered last Tuesday, broke down outside Monmouth on Thursday, on way to Birmingham, still in garage, camshaft sensor replaced, still failed road test, won't know until tomorrow, barely 150 miles on clock , 88 of those from dealer to home address, buyer remorse, any advice?

:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::a argh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aar gh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh 4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4: :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

drpellypo
22-05-2011, 01:53 PM
The keyless system does work by placing your foot under the bumper. No YouTube video trickery ;)

logiclee
29-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Just to add another.

DSG = Doesn't Snow Go (do you like what i did there):D

i will say no more you have been warned and will speak to you all next year when its like an upside down toitoise!!!!! Once they get going its OK, stop and come to a hill and well................bring your wellies and a flask.

Not with winter tyres on.

I was passing X5's and Q7's last year. On the side road where I live only two cars got up it for 7 days, a Jeep Patriot and my Passat.

If you have 235/45X17 Continental Conti Sport 3's on you will go nowhere manual or DSG in Snow. Get a set of narrow winters on steel rims.

I also can't see why you need constant access to the Autohold button, I have it configured to be on by default and never turn it off, I can't remember the last time I pressed it. I never use the handbrake during normal driving either. Saying that I'm not used to driving a manual. I pull off in drive and the handbrake releases, then with DSG just pull up and release the brakes and sit on autohold, at the end of the journey unbuckle the seatbelt and the handbrake comes on.

Also you shouldn't see delay, delay, boom, wheelspin on a diesel DSG B7 as that was a charachteristic of the DSG with PD diesel. The DSG and CR diesel is smooth and refined, you can sometimes catch the box changing down at junctions but it's a small delay and then the CR will briskly but smoothly accelerate you away.

Cheers
Lee

The Fingers
31-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Not with winter tyres on.

I was passing X5's and Q7's last year. On the side road where I live only two cars got up it for 7 days, a Jeep Patriot and my Passat.

If you have 235/45X17 Continental Conti Sport 3's on you will go nowhere manual or DSG in Snow. Get a set of narrow winters on steel rims.

I also can't see why you need constant access to the Autohold button, I have it configured to be on by default and never turn it off, I can't remember the last time I pressed it. I never use the handbrake during normal driving either. Saying that I'm not used to driving a manual. I pull off in drive and the handbrake releases, then with DSG just pull up and release the brakes and sit on autohold, at the end of the journey unbuckle the seatbelt and the handbrake comes on.

Also you shouldn't see delay, delay, boom, wheelspin on a diesel DSG B7 as that was a charachteristic of the DSG with PD diesel. The DSG and CR diesel is smooth and refined, you can sometimes catch the box changing down at junctions but it's a small delay and then the CR will briskly but smoothly accelerate you away.

Cheers
Lee

Mine was a 57 dsg PD auto hold was not on all the time in these, so it was the first thing you had to put on. Button on the worng side so you cannot see the light unless you swanny neck round the gear leaver. Redesigned set up in new B7 / your later B6 seems a lot better. As you say dont touch anything now and the switch is on the right side so you can also easily see the light for reassurance. In the manual it is a little alien when moving in slow traffic down a hill. In a long queue i tend to turn it off and hold on foot brake as when on you have to give it clutch and gas to release. In your DSG i found its just a tiny tap of gas pedal when auto hold on for it to release (brilliant) Everywhere else its spot on just slow moving down hill traffic is a bit 'funny'.

Snow tyres - would have given anything for a set during the last snow flurries. My B6 was crippled for a week. It would not even pull itself out of a few inches on the flat. Crippled was an understatement.

The CR is a lot more refined than the old PD lump. It almost seems slower (but its not ;)) The spool up seems more progressive than the boom at 2K on the PD. The 140 CR almost feels like its got a lot more to offer and VW have mapped it to hold back. Its like a restrained pit bull wanting to be released. Eagerly awaiting ' the italian box':firedevil
The slight delay you mention in the newer CR at junctions was a gapping whats going on hole in the old PD lump. Still loved it to bits though.

Done a few thousand in the new one now and its a lot better car. Still love driving it. No niggles so far, no rattles, nothing fell off, loosening up nicley and gets an indicated 60 mpg on a long run on motorway, gently cruising obviously. Stop start seems really good hasnt got in the way at all yet. Tire monitor (cheap one) waste of time really, it didnt pick up a 3 psi difference in front tyre. I could feel it in the handling ( i think) something just didnt feel right. I was surprised to find VW had set it to 37 psi all round, i used to run my B6 at 34 all round (maybe due to lower profiles on new one 17's as apose to 16's)

All in all very happy well i will be once the tax man starts charging me the 50% less than the B6 BIK bill:zx11:

fireblade43
22-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Had my 140 ps SE Man est since April now done 5K. Overall the car is exactly what i expected, unfortunately my budget wouldnt run to the DSG, tried it and loved it. How ever have big issues with my clutch in traffic pulsing and clicking through the pedal, been back to helpful dealer twice but VW say it is "quote" "a manufacturing characteristic" not a fault. I have since found out is is quite common and whats worse is VW refuse to do anything about it. Such a shame, my recently replaced 90K Golf TDi had a clutch as smooth as silk. Sorry, based on my experience car could be great but clutch and VW attitude have ruined it for me. Buy something else or make sure you get a DSG.
P.S Anybody had any success with VW on this issue?

The Fingers
23-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Had my 140 ps SE Man est since April now done 5K. Overall the car is exactly what i expected, unfortunately my budget wouldnt run to the DSG, tried it and loved it. How ever have big issues with my clutch in traffic pulsing and clicking through the pedal, been back to helpful dealer twice but VW say it is "quote" "a manufacturing characteristic" not a fault. I have since found out is is quite common and whats worse is VW refuse to do anything about it. Such a shame, my recently replaced 90K Golf TDi had a clutch as smooth as silk. Sorry, based on my experience car could be great but clutch and VW attitude have ruined it for me. Buy something else or make sure you get a DSG.
P.S Anybody had any success with VW on this issue?

We have pretty much the same car albeit mine is a saloon.

I have noticed the clutch on mine, seems to play silly buggers in slow moving traffic. It feels exactly like its engaging slightly when free wheeling in say third and then you go for the gas pedal you can feel it disengage again. Weird!!!!! Its about 1/2 a second after you go for the gas pedal.

Its not causing major concern and i will probably only mention it when it goes for its first service.

BenR
31-08-2011, 09:56 AM
The higher tyre pressure will be to improve fuel consumption.