PDA

View Full Version : Fuelly signature

avtur
15-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Trying to add my Fuelly Signature to my forum signature, following the instructions but it's not working. Any pointers please ?

welshpedro
15-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Trying to add my Fuelly Signature to my forum signature, following the instructions but it's not working. Any pointers please ?

Did you paste the fuelly code into the last line in the signature "box" (Thats what I did), and not paste into one of the link lines below?.. if that makes sense...

Sam
15-03-2011, 10:31 AM
All you need is this bit

http://www.fuelly.com/sig-uk/63409.png

in [img] tags

Hex69
15-03-2011, 10:43 AM
sort out your link 1st, it should look like this (remove the *s before posting) - [*URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Hex69/mondeo][*IMG]http://www.fuelly.com/sig-metric/63547.png[/*IMG][/*URL]

Keithuk
15-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeap just past the link from the Fuelly site.

You need to edit you're link it doesn't work?

Hughesynights
15-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Just seeing if mine works!

avtur
16-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Thanks folks ... take 23

Great, don't know what I did different in take 23 but it worked ....

Thanks for the suggestions ... :D

ooops, try again that was the metric version ...

Hope this is the UK version ...

Keithuk
16-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Whats take 23 have you tried to do this 23 times?

You will notice that if you fill up it doesn't change immediately you have to leave it 10-15 minutes before their server refreshes.

Nice one Hughsey thats 10mpg more than me.

avtur
16-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Whats take 23 have you tried to do this 23 times?

It was copy/pasting the script from the Fuelly website into my control panel on this site that wasn't working ... I have no idea what I was doing wrong but tried it many, many (23?) times in one session, that's when I gave up and posted on here for advice.

After seeing a few replies here I revisited both Fuelly and my control panel here and it all worked I am pleased to say:D

Now all I have to do is work on improving my average ....

Hughesynights
16-03-2011, 08:31 PM

However, you have 30 more ponies than me!
I'm hoping to do better, MFD shows high 60s for long steady commutes.
Warmer weather should help too.

Keithuk
16-03-2011, 09:11 PM
True but that doesn't make a lot of difference unless you use it most of the time. My journeys are 70% local.

Hughesynights
22-03-2011, 07:50 PM

13 mpg more now :D
I took it very easy this week and, combined with the warmer weather, it paid off. Most of my trips are about an hour on A roads, so achieving good mpg is much easier.

As the motor runs in I would like to get my average over 60 mpg.

avtur
17-09-2011, 01:44 AM
de-ja-bloody-voo !!!!

Have added a new profile to "Fuelly" and just like the first time I tried to add Fuelly to my signature I have spent ages trying to get my new profile to load onto here ... not working ...

Have repeatedly copy / pasted the text from Fuelly into my control panel here but it wont update from original vehicle ... grrrrrrr !

thebobster
27-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Yeap just past the link from the Fuelly site.

You need to edit you're link it doesn't work?

I cannot get mine working , probably just being stoopid but what have I missed ?

Keithuk
27-10-2011, 11:09 PM
I cannot get mine working , probably just being stoopid but what have I missed ?

Are saving the badge shown in Fuelly?

Now things have changed over the months there used to be an icon saying something like Fuelly Badge but the <removed> have remove it. Open up your Fuelly. If you click on the picture it show another layout and under the Log Book there are 6 icons the orange one on the right says Fuelly forum badges for this vehicle. Click on it and you will see various text boxes with code in for different web designs. Copy and paste to top BBCode text into a file so its safe for other forums. Then just copy and paste the same code into your signature.

e.g.

http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-uk/43490.png (http://www.fuelly.com/driver/KeithUK/golf)

thebobster
28-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Many thanks KeithUK

Keithuk
28-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Thats ok I see it working now. So you did what I said copy and paste the badge text from BBCode?

thebobster
28-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Thats ok I see it working now. So you did what I said copy and paste the badge text from BBCode?

Yes

Keithuk
28-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Well thats not bad 49.7mpg for a 2.0 TDI GT, what sort of driving do you do local/distance?

thebobster
28-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Well thats not bad 49.7mpg for a 2.0 TDI GT, what sort of driving do you do local/distance?

I live in Barnsley and travel to work in Manchester (36 miles) on A1 roads all the way. One day last week the trip computer was saying 56mpg , leaving home at 5.45am and getting to work an hour later. I've had the car a week and done almost 500 miles , unfortunately that's the norm. I traded in a 1.9TDI match Mk5 which I could get 60mpg on an early morning run , if I stuck to the speed limits. This GT is like a racing car by comparison , yours must be a road burner. Mine has only just done 7000 miles so I expect as the engine loosens up it'll give better economy. Still getting used to 6 speed box again and the differing ratios.

Keithuk
28-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Well mine is 70% local journeys as its only 4.5 miles to work probably that why its lower. I've had 64mpg showing cruising around A roads. They do say they don't loosen up until after 10k mine has just done over 10k. I will wait until the warranty runs out before I get it chipped. I know you can fit the tuning boxes so the ecu doesn't register its been chipped. A road burner it isn't thats why it needs chipping.

thebobster
28-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Well mine is 70% local journeys as its only 4.5 miles to work probably that why its lower. I've had 64mpg showing cruising around A roads. They do say they don't loosen up until after 10k mine has just done over 10k. I will wait until the warranty runs out before I get it chipped. I know you can fit the tuning boxes so the ecu doesn't register its been chipped. A road burner it isn't thats why it needs chipping.
Well there isn't much passes me over the moors coming back from Manchester , saying that they didn't when I had my old 1.9 Match .... tee hee !

Hughesynights
30-10-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm struggling to get over 70 mpg on my gentle 50 mile commute recently due to the colder weather. It's sad to see my good average starting to erode.
One weekend I'm going to make a grille block to try and warm up quicker.
At 7° ambient it takes about 8 or 9 miles for the oil temp to reach normal temp ~97° according to mfd.
Any trips shorter than that from cold will kill mpg.
The grille is big enough for Texas in the summer, it can easily be cut down for a British winter.

Keithuk
30-10-2011, 07:39 PM
I wouldn't worry about the oil temp not reaching 97°C?

My oil temp only reaches 96°C while cruising on a motorway at 70-80mph.

I've thought about fitting a blind but you have to think if you do paste it its going to overheat without you noticing it.

SC03OTT
30-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Does the Golf have an oil temp gauge. Is it not a coolant temp gauge?

Keithuk
31-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Does the Golf have an oil temp gauge. Is it not a coolant temp gauge?

Not a gauge it has an oil temp sensor which shows the oil temp in the MFD settings plus the normal coolant temp gauge.

I was read a US GTI forum the other day and someone made a thread Which European options would you like? and they were saying they would like Oil temp in MFI, Auto headlights, rain/light sensors plus other things. Those are things that aren't fitted as standard on the US GTI, when they are standard on UK GTI\GTD's.

Hughesynights
31-10-2011, 02:14 PM
My point is that the coolant gauge gets up to temp much sooner than the oil temp.
The coolant temp shows 'normal' when the oil temp is still about 70° to 80°.

The engine takes a lot longer to warm up than would appear.
I don't care if it is 95°, 97° or whatever.

thebobster
01-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't worry about the oil temp not reaching 97°C?

My oil temp only reaches 96°C while cruising on a motorway at 70-80mph.

I've thought about fitting a blind but you have to think if you do paste it its going to overheat without you noticing it.

Driving home from work last night after blasting up a 3 mile climb my oil temp was showing 104 but gradually dropped down to 94 when the road flattened out / I slowed down , meanwhile the guage still showed 90 as it always does ....

Rhigour
01-11-2011, 08:03 PM
My point is that the coolant gauge gets up to temp much sooner than the oil temp.
The coolant temp shows 'normal' when the oil temp is still about 70° to 80°.

The engine takes a lot longer to warm up than would appear.
I don't care if it is 95°, 97° or whatever.

That's probably because there is restricted circulation in the cooling system untill the thermostat opens.

Keithuk
02-11-2011, 01:29 AM
That's probably because there is restricted circulation in the cooling system untill the thermostat opens.

So whats restricting it the water pump still circulates the water?

No thats because water absorbs more heat than oil.

Rhigour
02-11-2011, 02:10 PM
So whats restricting it the water pump still circulates the water?

Not through the radiator it doesn't, it circulates through a restricted by-pass until the thermostat opens when the engine is up to temperature. When the stat opens circulation is then via the radiator as well.