PDA

View Full Version : A4 delivery - not all bad!

slarty29
09-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi Guys,

Like others on this site I'm experiencing a delay with an Audi delivery. Just wanted to share my experiences, as it may help someone out there:

A4 Avant 2.0Tdi Quattro S-Line Spec-Ed, ordered from Cardiff Audi on 9th October 2010. Told to expect delivery first/second week of February 2011. The car is to replace my wife's company car which was handed back Friday 31st December. A bit awkward as we both work 30 miles from home in different directions, so really needed a replacement.

Explained this to Audi Cardiff, they offered to give me a car, free of charge from the first week of January until the day mine was due to be delivered (gave me a new A3 Fastback). Cardiff then advised me, that as they still had no definite build date, Audi UK would give me a brand new car, free of charge, until mine arrived!

An A6 Avant 2.0tdi 170 S-Line Spec-Ed, dually arrived on Friday 4th February with delivery mileage. Still no sign of mine, although the sales guy said it would be at least another 6-8 weeks. I've also read elsewhere that some people who ordered around the same time as me have been told to expect delivery in July!

Quite a pleasant surprise to be posting positive comments about a car dealership which has been very professional and helpful. My only hope now is that the quality of service continues and my car fails to arrive for another 6 months!!!!!!

tlionhart
11-03-2011, 11:17 AM
good to hear that! :D And the A6 isn't a bad car at all. Did it come with all the bells and whistles?
Least this thread reassures those who are in the same position as you, that they will still be mobile. Although it does say in the audi brochure that if your car is delayed or their is a problem then they will give you a courtesy car. However to give you a brand new courtesy car with PDI mileage is impressive. Now its time to take trips out and then you could keep the mileage down on your new A4 :p

Zafi
11-03-2011, 09:03 PM
They gave people an A4 143 SE avant in 2010, thats why there are so many used ones on the website.

I guess as they want to shift the old shape A6 they are giving those at the moment......