PDA

View Full Version : Aircon pipes freezing and no air blowing out

audi troubles
03-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi, I have an A6 1999 2.5 tdi....

here is my problem. The Aircon works correctly until the pipes freeze (Within 30-60min) and what happens is the air no longer blows out of vents although you can here the fan going full throttle behind the glove box. This only happens when Auto is selected.

If I select econ and the pipes defrost then the air blows correctly out of the vents.

I have had the system refilled several time but still the problem is there. My dealer ship is unsure what the problem is..

Any ideas would be appreciated

mluton
03-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Maybe its reached its temprature and no longer needs to blow anymore air out of the vents.

It will only blow out of the vent to higher or lower the temprature, once reached it will seem as the system is off.

If you sit in your car and the vents are not blowing in Auto, if you press the face or feet buttons, does air come out of the upper or lower vents, if yes, all seems to be good.

audi troubles
06-07-2007, 08:18 AM
No air comes out of the vents if you change to front, upper, feet air flow control. just a loud blowing sound behind the glovebox.

This is only true if Auto is selected and the pipes are frozen in the engine compartment.

s6sputnik
07-07-2007, 04:21 AM
Then it is the controler that is not working correctly.

..Do you really need an A/C in England?

mluton
07-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Then it is the controler that is not working correctly.

..Do you really need an A/C in England?

Not at the moment, but we do occationally have one hot day in the year.:D

Peter D
07-07-2007, 05:04 PM
This sounds like a sensor failure and freeze is being demanded flat out thus it freezes up. When it is not frozen is either side of the car blowing air that is colder then requested. If it is there is your problem and an A/C ECU error code will identify the problem. Regards Peter

audi troubles
08-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks peter, I will give it a try.

a8 tech
08-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi, I have an A6 1999 2.5 tdi....

here is my problem. The Aircon works correctly until the pipes freeze (Within 30-60min) and what happens is the air no longer blows out of vents although you can here the fan going full throttle behind the glove box. This only happens when Auto is selected.

If I select econ and the pipes defrost then the air blows correctly out of the vents.

I have had the system refilled several time but still the problem is there. My dealer ship is unsure what the problem is..

Any ideas would be appreciatedIf you select auto function the temp setting defaults to 22 and the flap will shut off the incoming cold air to alllow a temp of 22 to the cabin,if this isnt so have the climatonic set to basic settings and this will reset the motors then retry