PDA

View Full Version : T4 Fuel Problems

zzdeano
03-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi on the way back from glastonbury last week my 1994 t4 2.4 diesel spluttered a couple of times then stopped and would not start again. There is a chance it ran out of fuel. The gauge was pritty low and with the van being quite new to me im not sure how low to low. The recovery truck had fuel but she still would'nt start.
I have loosened an injector pipe and turned the engine over but still no fuel and the same with the injector pump pipes.
Has anyone got any ideas.

DubDick
29-08-2007, 05:32 PM
It might be some simple like a blocked fuel filter.
It could also be a split fuel hose which is letting in air and stopping the injector pump from drawing up the fuel.

bling69
30-08-2007, 08:30 PM
if u get no fuel into the engine , wat u want to do is check to see if u have fuel in the fuel filter , if u have and its not going into the injector pipe , then u have a injection pump problem , ur pump has failed , u need to get another , b4 u do that , slightly loosen injector 1 pipe bolt and get sum 1 to tick the engine over , if u have no fuel squiring out , then definatly the pump.

mojogoes
30-08-2007, 11:58 PM
if u get no fuel into the engine , wat u want to do is check to see if u have fuel in the fuel filter , if u have and its not going into the injector pipe , then u have a injection pump problem , ur pump has failed , u need to get another , b4 u do that , slightly loosen injector 1 pipe bolt and get sum 1 to tick the engine over , if u have no fuel squiring out , then definatly the pump.

True...or a blockage in the fuel feed/return pipes...and even air in the system (cavitation!)