PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Matt RS4 Mirror Covers

A4 Lad
06-03-2011, 07:08 PM
I feel a bit of a knob as I have just hit 1000 posts and am still unable to work the search bar properly. I have tried but cant find the post that I am looking.
Before christmas, there was a bloke that was fitting or buying or something to do with a set of the matt RS4 mirror covers. At the time, I said that they were krap looking and dont do it but since then, I have came to like them :o
from what I have read on the web, they are 2 fortunes to buy new and any that I have seen on ebay are not very good in a descriptive way or look stolen :bigeyes:
Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket ones are good or do they look like a brillo pad after a while ?

Guest 2
06-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Did you post a reply to it? Go to UserCP and view your subscribed threads :D

Two_Stripes
06-03-2011, 08:34 PM
If you mean replacement covers on standard mirrors; i had them on my car until recently (just sold them for a steal on ebay). Mine cost about £130, are easy to fit, last years without scratching up. I think they looked great

If you're on about genuine rs4 mirrors, they do cost a fortune as just fitted on my car (£500+!). If so they are completely different units as i'm sure you know. They are a bit of a pig to fit as the wiring connects at the bottom of the inside of the door but they have clipped it on up inside where it's totally unreachable!!!!

A4 Lad
06-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Just to make it all the handier to get at lol
I was not aware that the mirrors are different, do you mean size and shape ?
£500 sheesh ! Im sure they look good all the same ? What car have you got ? The covers do look well though ?
I tried that Chris but I think that I put it to recycle bin :(

Two_Stripes
06-03-2011, 10:10 PM
RS4 style matt covers sold on ebay are just replacements for the colour coded ones on your current mirrors. They are easy to replace. These ones are attached on one arm, underneath the mirror

RS4 mirrors are a completely different shape, they have two thin arms that attach to the mounting plate (which is obviously different as well). They are not as tall as standard mirrors (read reviews of RS4's back when they were new, they all slagged off the useless mirrors).
I've got a 3L quattro avant, converted to full RS4 look

kodkod.84
06-03-2011, 10:54 PM
S4 mirror caps like mine are matt alu and a direct replacement to the standard caps.

A4 Lad
06-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Cracker picture of your kid for your avatar by the way. Nice to see that there is still some of us out there that puts something else before their car lol.
Have either of yous got any pictures ? I am intregued now ( cant spell it lol )

Guest 2
06-03-2011, 11:04 PM
+1, also good to see someone who puts their child before a car lol. Oh and BL - download Speller from the AppStore ;)

kodkod.84
06-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Cheers Bangor- yeah I had the cat for so long as my avatar, but I got this one of Dylan who is 5 weeks old today.

There's some pics of my car in my profile with the S4 caps- I paid about £100 for them and are genuine ones- these are the same shade as the roof rails (if you have an Avant)

A4 Lad
06-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Oh and BL - download Speller from the AppStore ;)

lol, I have heard of that turning a few words into the wrong and sometimes imbarrising things though :) I look at it as a challenge and you all know what I mean anyway ;)

Ill have a look at your profile pictures the next time that I am on the laptop.
Where did you buy them ?

kodkod.84
06-03-2011, 11:22 PM
I got them from ebay from an Audi dealer seller on there a couple of years back now. There are lots of 3rd party ones available too but I'm not sure of the finish/quality of these although they tend to be a lot cheaper.

kite
06-03-2011, 11:36 PM
I have the plastic ones from In-pro from Ebay.
they are not as good as the OEM ones.
B7 RS4 mirrors if the car was ordered with folding mirrors and the RS4 cab both came with
single arms not the double.