PDA

View Full Version : Audio fuse?

Tankengine
06-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Hi I have shorted out the main live from the audio conector on my A4 19tdi sport with chorus system , i cannot locate the fuse or fuse box most gratefull if anyone can help.:Blush2:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/applied/misc/progress.gif

hibbsy21
06-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Fuse box is on the drivers side. Open the door an then the panel that is covered up by the door is the fuse box, you will need to have a flat point screw driver or use your keys to open it. Pull from the bottom an carefull not to snap it. Do you need to know which fuse is the audio fuse?

green A8
06-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Hope this helps.

Having checked my owners manual, it would seem that this could be one of two fuses.

First is a 20Amp (yellow) that is fuse number 37 It's located in the very bottom row of full sized fuses, middle fuse. This fuse also powers the car 'phone if one is fitted.

Secondly, there's fuse 43 That's located one row above fuse 37 and is the right hand fuse, it's 5 amp (Light Brown). This fuse also powers the central locking and navigation system.

I would have thought that fuse 43 (5Amp would only power the radios station memory. Whereas fuse 37 (20Amp) would be it's main power provider. I could be wrong though.

Kind Regards.

Paul.