PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Audi Fraudster

TEAUDI
05-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Why do my posts on this topic keep getting deleted? I thought this site was independent and I thought that potential Audi customers would want to know when someone comes across a bad dealer. You shouldn't be so scared of bullying dealers who threaten you. Your site is quickly losing all credibility in my eyes.

TEAUDI
05-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Point me to the rule I broke in my last (deleted) message and I will not post on this site again. But you should not delete posts just because someone disagrees with you or points out that you are wrong. You should be bigger than that.

A4 Lad
06-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Maybe try and not name the dealer in question. Your just rubbing them up the wrong way. Be smart about it. You will work it out ;)

TEAUDI
06-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Everything I said about them was true. If I was about to buy a car I would want to know what the dealer was really like, not just what the glossy brochures say.

Actually Audi have acted pretty badly in all of this too. I will put on the correspondence I have had with Jeremy Hicks ...

A4 Lad
06-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Not my call and as interested ( nosey ) as I am, I dont think that it is fair to put the pressure on the forum admins as to what is going to possibly cause more legal action. Try a blog or your own web page and you can do and say anything that you like and the only person that could possibly get into legal action would be the author

Y90USF
06-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Well said Bangor lad!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a8 tech
06-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Why do my posts on this topic keep getting deleted? I thought this site was independent and I thought that potential Audi customers would want to know when someone comes across a bad dealer. You shouldn't be so scared of bullying dealers who threaten you. Your site is quickly losing all credibility in my eyes.

Losing credibility
Are you having a laugh

Sent from my iPhone using
My fat fingers

NickPicks
06-03-2011, 01:35 PM
It seems that you have some issue with an Audi dealer. The usual advice that would be given if you'd posted the problem without naming the dealer and calling them a fraudster would be to contact trading standards and the citizens advice bureau.

If you post on here directly calling them a fraudster, and the site owners / admins don't stop you, then it could open the site up to being sued for libel.

That's why they've deleted it, and that's why you'll get banned if you keep trying to re-post it.

As already advised, start your own website or blog. That way, they'll only sue you, not this forum.

stuart
06-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Point me to the rule I broke in my last (deleted) message and I will not post on this site again. But you should not delete posts just because someone disagrees with you or points out that you are wrong. You should be bigger than that.

Section 34 of the "Rules & Regulations" of the site....

34. Any post or thread that would put the Site or the site owners in a liable position will be deleted, and must not be resubmitted. Anyone found doing so would be banned from the site, no question asked!

TEAUDI
06-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Yes, I have been very careful only to say things about Wimbledon Audi and the dealer who has admitted fraud that are true. As you know you can only be successfully sued for libel if what is said is not true.

The original post I put up (that has been deleted) was warning people in the dealership section of an Audi site to be careful when buying cars. Just because you are buying an Audi doesn't mean what happened to me will not happen to you. Fraudsters work in all lines of business.

I also said I will hold off from posting more until the sentencing of the case is reported on. I also put a link to some of the press coverage. In the story I put a link to it is clear that the Wimbledon Audi employee who I dealt with QUOTE 'has admitted committing fraud while working at Wimbledon Audi car dealership, where he cheated the business and customers out of about £102,000.'

I am a customer who has lost a lot of money because of this. I want others to be careful.

burkey1
06-03-2011, 03:36 PM
You’re obviously very upset about this, but this is not the approach you should be taking. I read your newspaper link at it appears to be a very isolated incident.
You should leave the reporting to the reporters and the reprimanding to the authorities.
This is not the place for this topic, as has already being expressed by the administrator and would be the view of myself and most members too.
Again, start your own blog…

TEAUDI
06-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Why should I leave the reporting to reporters? I have first hand experience of the case and many people have said they are grateful for my not being scared into keeping quiet about what happened.

Why should I leave the reprimanding to the authorities? The authorities will sentence the Wimbledon Audi fraudster but I should be able to comment on how the dealership SG Smith Group has acted towards victims like me.

The administrator to the site has not expressed a view about the subject just their concern about being sued for libel. Everything I have said is true. I will not say more until the full press coverage comes out.

burkey1
06-03-2011, 03:47 PM
I will not say more until the full press coverage comes out.

I think that is probably a good idea!!!!