PDA

View Full Version : Nav screen restore

BMrider
04-03-2011, 05:07 PM
I have a damaged nav screen, it was damaged by cleaning with glass cleaner, One wipe was sufficient to remove the anti glare coating as you see in the picture
I,m after ideas / options to restore the screen, for example would one of the anti glare protector films work
Thanks in advance for any replies :beerchug:

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh31/Easyrider5258/Audi-tft-screen.jpg

Micha_elD
07-03-2011, 07:56 PM
What did you wipe it with?

Hard to tell from the picture if the screen is scratched, or if its just lost some of its coating.

If the screen isn't scratched, then I'd try taking off the rest of the coating then seeing how it works. If necessary you could then put film over the screen to increase the contrast

BMrider
07-03-2011, 09:04 PM
I was cleaning the inside of the windscreen with Tescos glass cleaner (A spray on wipe off window cleaner contains vineger) I simply wiped the nav screen with the damp soft cloth and it took the coating off, not scratched. :zx11:

The coating is really fragile :(

Micha_elD
07-03-2011, 09:20 PM
A lesson for us all there then.

I'd carefully remove the rest of the coating and see if its still usable. If the contrast is poor, or if there is too much glare, then one of the laptop anti-glare screen covers could be the answer. Looks like it should be fairly straightforward to fix.

Good luck!