PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Pressures?

Pauls898
04-03-2011, 03:26 PM
What Tyre Pressures are people runing on their Audi A4 3.0L?

I have an Audi 3.0L SE Q, the presures on the drivers door info panel seem way too high for me?

I have 245/45 R17 Tryes

The sticker says for two persons Front 41 PSI and Rear 36 PSI

That seems very high to me???

What do others run thiers at?

Paul

satsu
04-03-2011, 04:53 PM
I think you might be reading the sticker wrong. :) If it's the same as mine then the list of tyres is _below_ the appropriate pressures i.e. the 245/45R17 light load pressures are 36/33.

Here's a pic: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2/sat5u/TyrePressure.jpg

Pauls898
04-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks for that, yes I can see what you mean now!! Thats having my head upside down to read it lol
Thanks, its a lot clearer when shown like that, the values I was using were close then because I was using 36 in the front and 34 in the rear.
But after I got my car back from the Audi main dealer after a service they had set them all to 30 :zx11::confused: I wonderred why my steering felt on the heavy side lol.

ScottyUK
04-03-2011, 07:00 PM
On your wheels I'd be running 39/39 i.e. the full laden pressures.

The manual says :

"We recommend adhering to the tyre pressure specifications for a maximum load. The tyre inflation pressures are listed on a sticker on the end face of the driver's door.
However, if you prefer an extra-smooth ride and the vehicle is not fully loaded, you can select the tyre pressure for a normal load (no more than three people travelling in the vehicle). However, should you wish to drive with a full load you must increase the tyre pressure to the specified maximum."

On my 19's I find the ride fine with the higher pressures so I stick with 'em.