PDA

View Full Version : Attention Few Niggling Problems! Help Appreciated

20valveBZR
28-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Recently got a toledo 99 tdi se...

I picked it up for handy money but knowing she needed a little
bit of work...

So here is my list any help/info very much appreciated...

1: Central locking on the key dont work, and using the key on the drivers
door only unlucks/locks the drivier door...

2: AirCon...works every now and again (very little air pressure) and the screen display is kinda broke (lights up but doesnt fully display numbers)

3: Boot Handle is broke...when i pull it, theres no response
i climed into the boot from the rear seat the two/three rods were
hanging (i assume i need a new lock mechanism)

4: The Gears! The gearbox feels fairly heavy chaning gears...low oil in the box maybe? Or a clutch problem???

Any help welcome guys wanna get my toledo into tip-top shape asap!;)

pencil77
10-04-2011, 08:47 PM
in answer to your first question...check the fuses! sounds pretty much like the central locking fuse has blown (cant remember which number it is)

Air con sounds like you have a dodgy display (pretty common but not cheap to replace)

The boot mechanism may just have pulled apart, if not then yes a new mech is needed, but thats very cheap to get from a breakers

Gearbox sounds like an oil change or at least fill up is required.

langb20
11-04-2011, 06:53 PM
I had the same problem on my '98 toledo central locking, unfortunately never got to the bottom of it - was forever reaching over to undo the passenger side. :zx11: there is a battery in the key which is easy to change and may work

not sure about aircon, can get them 're-gassed'?

be careful when removing said parts for the boot catch down the breakers, there are some fiddly white plastic parts that are easy to snap when removing - patience or you'll end up at square 1 again

I'd imagine your'e somewhere up over 100k miles by now so a gearbox oil change certainly won't do any harm, failing that you can spruce up the linkage bits - may be a lot of crap in them, some lube may help once clean