PDA

View Full Version : Black Edition help?

legendamongus
28-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi guys,

Long story short, I ordered a new B8 S-Line Special Edition back in September 2010. It was meant to be delivered by December but it got delayed for various reasons. It's being delivered on Saturday, but it appears to have somehow become a Black Edition. The dealer didn't even notice, I only found out when I saw it on the finance agreement today. Not best pleased...

Anyway, I made a fuss and got them to call up Audi UK to find out the spec of the car. It hasn't been delivered yet so I couldn't see it for myself, but the car is meant to be Deep Sea Blue so the black styling pack will look a bit daft on the blue paint. Coupled to the fact that I don't like the new alloys, I made a bit of a fuss.

They called me back and have basically said that the car will be called a Black Edition on the documents but will actually be a Special Edition... sounds a bit dodgy but alarm bells started ringing when they said that by incredible coincidence there is some sort of delivery backlog so the car won't be there until next week. Apparently all of the black styling pack, piano black dash inserts and the wheels are all no-cost options to remove, which is effectively what will happen to my car at the factory so it'll look like an old Special Edition, but I'm not convinced as this seems like a stupid thing to do as without these it's basically a normal S-Line but for more cash...

Can anyone confirm that this is actually true? I've made myself completely paranoid that the car will be sat in the dealer all of next week having the grilles and alloys changed so that I won't notice the difference...

Thanks in advance

stevej69
28-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Is the interior spec of the S-Line Black not higher than the S-Line Special Edition? I drive a 2007 S-Line Special Edition and its got black styling although does have Double 7 RS4 Alloys which look lovely.

I've just ordered an S-Line Black in Ibis white which has a much higher internal spec than by current S-Line Special (addmitedly its an older model). What was the price and internal spec difference betweeen the S-Line Special and S-Line Black? You might do better in the long run with the additional toys.

Hammy969
28-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Hi guys,

Long story short, I ordered a new B8 S-Line Special Edition back in September 2010. It was meant to be delivered by December but it got delayed for various reasons. It's being delivered on Saturday, but it appears to have somehow become a Black Edition. The dealer didn't even notice, I only found out when I saw it on the finance agreement today. Not best pleased...

Anyway, I made a fuss and got them to call up Audi UK to find out the spec of the car. It hasn't been delivered yet so I couldn't see it for myself, but the car is meant to be Deep Sea Blue so the black styling pack will look a bit daft on the blue paint. Coupled to the fact that I don't like the new alloys, I made a bit of a fuss.

They called me back and have basically said that the car will be called a Black Edition on the documents but will actually be a Special Edition... sounds a bit dodgy but alarm bells started ringing when they said that by incredible coincidence there is some sort of delivery backlog so the car won't be there until next week. Apparently all of the black styling pack, piano black dash inserts and the wheels are all no-cost options to remove, which is effectively what will happen to my car at the factory so it'll look like an old Special Edition, but I'm not convinced as this seems like a stupid thing to do as without these it's basically a normal S-Line but for more cash...

Can anyone confirm that this is actually true? I've made myself completely paranoid that the car will be sat in the dealer all of next week having the grilles and alloys changed so that I won't notice the difference...

Thanks in advance
Evening

Interesting position to be in. I looked at a Black Editions A3 a couple of years ago and on that you could select normal S Line wheels and Silver inlays instead of the standard graphite wheels and piano black inlays.

Regarding the A4 avant the Black Edition has AMI + Privacy Glass + Black Styling Pack + B&O + 19" Black Edition wheels standard over the S Line. The Sline SE had B&O and 19" 7 spokes.

On the A4 Black Edition you could choose 19" 5 spoke segs (silver) as no cost option, I am not sure what else you could change.

I would wait and see before actually making any decisions.

Good Luck.

legendamongus
01-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I went in today and apparently the car is actually a Black Edition, but the salesman 'forgot' to tell me. Luckily the manager was equally unimpressed, and has said that he'll order me an identical car in a different colour if I want, and that I can use the car being delivered until it arrives.

Pretty good outcome really, so it looks like the new new one will be Lava Grey with the optional no-cost 5 spoke alloys. Waiting begins again though:aargh4:

kodkod.84
01-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Sounds a great deal to me- is that about 3 months free motoring in the 'loan' car if on finance/contract hire?

Please please put photos up of the new one when it arrives as I'll probably be looking at the lava grey black edition in 2 years time as next motor :)

legendamongus
03-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Sounds a great deal to me- is that about 3 months free motoring in the 'loan' car if on finance/contract hire?

Please please put photos up of the new one when it arrives as I'll probably be looking at the lava grey black edition in 2 years time as next motor :)

Nope, no free motoring because it's on lease. My spec is the same, just going to be a different colour with different alloys. Basically the plan is to swap it for the car being delivered on Saturday when it arrives. They get a car with probably a couple thousand miles on it to sell on and I get a new one to carry on till the end of the lease.

I'll definitely post photos when it arrives!

Guest 2
03-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Least you're getting use of the car until your 'proper' one arrives!

On the lighter note, what if your normal A4 got made into a S4 at the factory by mistake and you ended up getting that! :biglaugh:

tlionhart
03-03-2011, 09:31 PM
pity the alloys you get are 19" otherwise I would have arranged a swap with you :D

legendamongus
03-03-2011, 10:51 PM
On the lighter note, what if your normal A4 got made into a S4 at the factory by mistake and you ended up getting that! :biglaugh:

haha, if this happened, I'm sure I'd find it in myself to keep the car. Might need the dealer to throw in a free umbrella or something to sweeten the deal though... :biglaugh: