PDA

View Full Version : New VW Passat estate being built this week!

VeDubDan
28-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi team,

I've ordered a new Passat Estate - it's being built this week, finally. When do you guys estimate it to arrive? Does anyone have any knowledge on factory lead times from VW?

Thanks in advance

Dan

paulthefox
28-02-2011, 10:30 PM
only the dealer can help you bud???????????????????:zx11::zx11::zx11::zx11::zx1 1:

VeDubDan
01-03-2011, 11:07 AM
dealer saying April but reading online it seems delivery usually 2 weeks after build date.

Oh well, I dont mind waiting. Sure it'll be worth it!

Thanks
Dan

ian foot
15-03-2011, 10:57 AM
i thought it was a couple of months from build date to delivery.

mine is being built this week. after build there's storage/ transport / shipping/ customs and then delivery to the dealer. once it's with the dealer it takes about a week for prep / pdi etc.....

The Fingers
15-03-2011, 12:40 PM
My 2.0 TDI se (white standard issue no extra's) is being delivered to me on Monday 21st March.

It will have been at the dealers for two weeks as they confirmed registration number last wednesday.

Mine was built week 7 or 8 as far as i am make out and delivery is week 12

ordered mid Jan 11

6 more get ups and counting :D

VeDubDan
15-03-2011, 12:51 PM
oh exciting stuff!! Well done.

Still no delivery date for me. The car arrived in the UK on the 7th of this month and is currently awaiting a shipment date. :(

I'm mithering my salesman everyday, i feel sorry for him but hey, I want my new dub!

Just waiting for the reply where he loses it and tells me to f off. He has been very patient and helpful though.

ian foot
15-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Mine's a 2.0 TDi SE Estate in Urano Grey, with the 5 spoke alloys, rather than the optional ones that seem to be on every Passat I've seen so far.

I've not seen a Urano Grey car in the flesh, so intrigued. Only option I went for was the cargo net.

The Fingers
15-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Mine's a 2.0 TDi SE Estate in Urano Grey, with the 5 spoke alloys, rather than the optional ones that seem to be on every Passat I've seen so far.

I've not seen a Urano Grey car in the flesh, so intrigued. Only option I went for was the cargo net.

I have also not opted to change the wheels so it should arrive with 5 spoke 'Fontana' which i think look the best and look the easiest to keep clean!!!!

Most of the dealer 'demonstrators' do seem to have had the FOC optional wheels with 9 or 10 spokes.

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggggg still 6 more get ups!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

VeDubDan
16-03-2011, 12:53 PM
oh no! Mine is delayed till next week!

this is really killing me now, I can't handle the pressure of patience :zx11: