PDA

View Full Version : Hill hold / handbrake problems

NWSRG
25-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Hi folks,

Last night noticed that the electronic handbrake was not releasing automatically when moving off. Then today, the hill hold function is not working...getting a message that "Hill Hold function is not available." Seatbelts fastened etc., so it's not a problem with how I'm using it...

Anyone else experienced similar problems?

ScottyUK
25-02-2011, 09:08 AM
I have heard about this twice before and it was a faulty sensor on the seat belt buckle.

If you have VCDS or access to one then you could try disabling the checks (i.e. seat belt on, door shut etc).

I've fone this on mine as I often move my car around on my drive without putting my seatbelt on and hence it's a useful little tweak.

Enable Release Parking Brake without putting seatbelt
[53 - Parking Brake][Security Access - 16] (Enter code presented by program)
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 7 Set to 0

Bratty
25-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Or dare I say it:o:o:o!!?!!, do a hard reset and disconnect your battery for a few minutes and try to see if it clears!

Dunk (expecting incoming:Blush2:).

Big Bird
25-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Can you release it manually??

NWSRG
25-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Yes, handbrake works fine when used 'manually'...

NWSRG
06-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Guys,

Now noticed the cruise control is not working...is there a common problem behind these two do you think?

Maybe something as trivial as a fuse?

thescouselander
08-03-2011, 07:39 PM
I've heard there is a switch on the clutch pedal that can sometimes fail and cause things like this.

NWSRG
08-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Sounds like a possibility...will take her back to the dealers...again!!

pulsar1230
30-03-2013, 12:46 AM
is it possible to reprogram so you don't have to keep pressing the hill hold button every time you turn off/on the ignition,open door,take seat belt off,so it just stays on by pressing it once until you decide to turn it off by pressing the button again ???? i have vacom.cheers.

Howardy
22-05-2015, 02:42 PM
Guys,

Now noticed the cruise control is not working...is there a common problem behind these two do you think?

Maybe something as trivial as a fuse?

Hi
Did you resolve this issue? I have the same problem on similar vehicle 2009 A4 Quattro petrol 2.0T Avant.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated as when my keyless entry failed I was billed several hundreds to "investigate" before being quoted £800+Vat to replace all door handles.