PDA

View Full Version : t4 2.5tdi no power

blobbum
02-07-2007, 05:58 PM
having fitted a new engine and checked the maf is working ok, it will run but has no power ie could not climb a slight gradient in 2nd. Any ideas as to next step?

windy
02-07-2007, 10:22 PM
HI am having the same problem had engine rebuilt and no power
changed MAF unit no better it's going to a garage this week ill let you no if they find anything iv been asking the same questions off the forum
:zx11:

Freshup
08-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Hi, Sounds like injector pump and/or valve timing is out. Bit tricky to set. Other thing to check (much easier) Throttle linkage at pump. Check getting full throttle and also linkage is splined onto shaft, shouldn't be a problem if not disturbed but one spline out will start and run fine but no power as described. Best of luck, John

blobbum
15-07-2007, 11:47 PM
HI am having the same problem had engine rebuilt and no power
changed MAF unit no better it's going to a garage this week ill let you no if they find anything iv been asking the same questions off the forum
:zx11:
cheers it would seem its a sensor - temp, crank?

blobbum
15-07-2007, 11:49 PM
cheers john but it is a fly by wire jobby. think it is a sensor - temp or crank maybe

Freshup
15-07-2007, 11:57 PM
These new fangled gismos, give me old tech anyday. At least you can have a go at fixing them.

baloo
23-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Hi blobbum and windy,

Has anybody found out what was causing their lack of power?

I have 2003 2.5tdi also with same problem (total lack of power after having injectors tested and reinstalled) and has been at VW for 3 days.

totally different scenario but same symptom, mine hasn't been rebuilt but would be good to know if you have yours sorted now and what was causing your lack of power.

cheers, baloo.

update... it's been at VW for 6 bloody weeks now!