PDA

View Full Version : android or iphone

Ben
23-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Which do you currently use?

Guest 2
23-02-2011, 11:21 PM
iPhone! :approve: Theyre temperamental at times and the battery is rubbish.

Ben
23-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Don't forget to vote or it doesn't count.

Guest 2
23-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Voted.

A4 Lad
23-02-2011, 11:33 PM
For anyone that knows my posts, I think you could guess but for those who dont.
iphone
Although Tapatalk does not give me the option to vote so I guess ill have to log on through the laptop if I want it to count :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I forget how to use a full size keyboard !

Guest 2
23-02-2011, 11:36 PM
Although Tapatalk does not give me the option to vote so I guess ill have to log on through the laptop

Ben
23-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Don't use tapatalk. See if you can vote then.

onzarob
23-02-2011, 11:42 PM
iPhone.... Because its the right choice its the VW Golf of the Phone market :)

A4 Lad
23-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Don't use tapatalk.

Blasphemy !!!
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I forget how to use a full size keyboard !

Sam
24-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Open Source FTW

Eshrules
24-02-2011, 11:02 AM
this is the whole xbox vs ps3 thing all over again.

each have their merits - personally I prefer open source over locked down. And yes, I know you can 'jailbreak' the precious iphone, but I like to retain my warranty.

phil miller
24-02-2011, 07:34 PM
iPhone.... Because its the right choice its the VW Golf of the Phone market :)

iphone 4 thats the golf GTI of the phone world:D

SammoVWT
25-02-2011, 10:22 AM

More like the BMW you mean. Golf GTI was always the punchy underdog. I phone is more for posing and talking about 'my apps'!

royleblue
27-02-2011, 11:21 PM
I have the HTC Desire. Great phone. Like all modern phones the battery's rubbish though once you start using things like wi-fi, bluetooth.

ckrisrok
28-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Iphone 4
My first apple product and very impressed with it. 

Battery is very good,
till you start playing fifa 11. 

Eshrules
28-02-2011, 10:54 AM
I don't buy into all this 'battery life is rubbish' - I'm averaging 32 hours on one charge, with moderate wifi usage and general apps.

apps like juicedefender, which close the wifi/gps and other stuff you don't need whilst the screen's locked help massively.

Guest 2
28-02-2011, 11:37 AM
As you say, battery life will depend on what you use. For example, if I use 3G instead of normal GPRS, the battery will drain rapidly.

SammoVWT
28-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Dont forget the clock speed of these phones is at least 1GHz (10 years ago this was an amazing PC) not to mention the GPU speed. More speed = more processing power = more battery drain.

Maybe someone should write an overclocking app to reduce the clock speed when its not needed.

The same issue with laptops. If you want a beast of a laptop expect the battery to not last as long, unless you upgrade it to a massive battery.

Even my desktop PC is running on a 500w PSU, thats a 3GHz dualcore, with a pretty fast graphics card.

Reduce the backlight, save some power.

People dont understand electronics enough, its like magic.

Rusk
28-02-2011, 01:48 PM
iphone all the way...I had a 3GS and upgraded to a HTC Desire HD. Had that for 4 days and swapped it for an iPhone 4. DHD was good but just not as complete as the iPhone.

Also it is just as locked down as the iPhone is so all this opensource stuff is rubbish.

Eshrules
28-02-2011, 01:55 PM
iphone all the way...I had a 3GS and upgraded to a HTC Desire HD. Had that for 4 days and swapped it for an iPhone 4. DHD was good but just not as complete as the iPhone.

Also it is just as locked down as the iPhone is so all this opensource stuff is rubbish.

how so?

a8 tech
28-02-2011, 02:06 PM
As you say, battery life will depend on what you use. For example, if I use 3G instead of normal GPRS, the battery will drain rapidly.

Agree
I have 3GS and it eats battery life on 3G but it's a great phone

Sent from my iPhone using my fat fingers

SammoVWT
28-02-2011, 06:16 PM
how so?

I havent had anything locked down on my phone since 2.2. Im not forced to use the Orange nonsense at all now :> I too find this statement confusing!

Eshrules
02-03-2011, 09:21 AM
I havent had anything locked down on my phone since 2.2. Im not forced to use the Orange nonsense at all now :> I too find this statement confusing!

typical fanboy :p makes some wild claim and then fails to back it up.

posted from my actual keyboard using my actual pc

SammoVWT
02-03-2011, 09:37 AM
posted from my actual keyboard using my actual pc

Classic, haha.

RavenBlackTT
13-04-2011, 05:35 PM
iPhone all the way

morgi90
13-02-2012, 12:31 PM
I have an HTC wildfire. it can be a little slow some days, but i love the thing.

hibbsy21
21-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Gotta be an android. HTC for meee! iPhones are for girls...

potshot
21-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Nokia N8 after ditching Blackberry Curve. Little tip for anyone with a BB using premium phone kit, first borrow someones Nokia and put your SIM card in it to register with the premium kit then put the card back into the BB - and then it works. If you keep losing the BB then reboot the BB and it works - hooray.

Guest 2
21-02-2012, 08:17 PM
I changed my 3GS for a 4S at Christmas as a present to myself ;) Got £170 for my 3GS so not too bad :)

I do notice the difference in processing speed and battery life. Thing is, you cant turn 3G off on the 4S so this uses alot of battery as I don't often browse on the move - Infact I only browse the forum when out and about ;)

iOS 5.1 is bringing the function to turn 3G off on the 4S so battery life should improve significantly.

rafletcher
20-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Just started using an old iPhone 3GS, after using an even older Google Nexus 1 for the last year. iPhone battery life even worse than the Nexus (and not easily user replaceable, another cynical Apple dodge), but more apps I want to use available (insurance componay, banks).

neilos100
20-04-2012, 03:13 PM
Pointless......just going to start another iPhone fanboy v android fanboy thread.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Brycie
28-04-2012, 03:50 AM

Fair enough, but that must mean one of the Androids is the S5 of the phone world presumably? Lol.

Brycie
28-04-2012, 04:03 AM

As someone about to buy my first Smartphone, why do you say it's jsut as locked down?

How do you vote on this thing anyway? Nothing I hover my cursor over seems to allow me to vote.

Edit: Just noticed Eshrules asked the same question & it wasn't answered, so not expecting an answer now.

Ben
28-04-2012, 02:41 PM
How do you vote on this thing anyway?

You have already voted. you voted for something else.

Brycie
28-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Cool, thanks Ben.

harryg
29-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Android ....got rid of iphone overpriced and over rated got Galaxy SII now running Ice Cream Sandwich put bigger battery and 16 Gig memory card in phone couldn't do that with the iphone...Galaxy S II the Ferrari of the phone world.
Look forward to the new Galaxy SIII.

Eshrules
24-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Choosing between the two is a matter of personal preference. And before people would start talking about the specs on each hardware, they should first consider what use it is for actually.

In reality, the iPhone would actually need not to have the highest tier of the hardware as they are running controlled amount of apps which the android does not actually do.

So androids actually need more power to run the auxiliary stuff and be good at it.

what controls the amount of apps on the iphone?

and to what "auxillary stuff" do you refer to on the android handsets?

SammoVWT
24-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Choosing between the two is a matter of personal preference. And before people would start talking about the specs on each hardware, they should first consider what use it is for actually.

In reality, the iPhone would actually need not to have the highest tier of the hardware as they are running controlled amount of apps which the android does not actually do.

So androids actually need more power to run the auxiliary stuff and be good at it.

Ok this is completely random. Limitations to number of apps will be down to capacity (i.e storage space/ram). The power of a phone is nothing to do with it, this allows you to run more complicated and involved software at a faster pace.

Any device that is clocking faster and has a bright screen will use more battery also. Regardless if its a PC, laptop or phone.

I choose the best hardware for the money, and an interface which isnt designed for morons. Android is more flexible and more powerful than iOS, and has much more integrated 'free' services. (for example HTC are very good forward thinkers and future proofers have hardware in their phone before a driver release is done in some cases, like the wireless purchasing stuff was in their phones long before most).

You are forced to buy a new iphone to have new features, whether it is siri, or gps, 4g etc etc. HTC try to integrate these things into their package prefering to build a more loyal customer base through usability rather than milking people because they think iphone is trendy - android is merely in most cases a software update. Yes this only goes so far, but hardware has limitations. Each generation of android to iphone has fewer limitations than the fruity variety.

If you are telling me that apple limit how many apps you can install/purchase, then this is another argument for the freedom of an android OS which has no limitations.

Sam
24-05-2012, 09:25 AM

Your location says Gosport but both IPs you've used to spam VWAF are based in the Philippines.

Care to explain what's going on?

swisstoni
24-05-2012, 06:39 PM
I've used blackberry for quite a few years and I love the keyboard... but when my contracts up I'll replace it with an iPhone

Sam
30-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Your location says Gosport but both IPs you've used to spam VWAF are based in the Philippines.

Care to explain what's going on?

So, looks like I was right, mblake is yet another spamming moron who thinks we're all interested in his luxury chocolates.

Banned and IPs (all of them) added to the moron spammer database.

Idiot

blobbs
16-06-2012, 05:01 PM
iPhone for me. I think it's the bees knees :banana: But each to their own

AidenUK
29-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Hated Iphones for many many years, always used Blackberry but fell out with those big time after the network problems last year! Turned to an Iphone, never looked back!

nesquik
12-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Hated Iphones for many many years, always used Blackberry but fell out with those big time after the network problems last year! Turned to an Iphone, never looked back!

I have used an Android phone for the past 3 years and never really had any major problems.

I too hated iPhone's for a very long time, however the iPhone 5 is pretty slick.

pixel8
23-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Nexus 5, and looking forward to possible VAG+Google in-car systems to come.

JokaDot
27-11-2015, 12:51 PM
I prefer Android. Made the choice after seeing a few friends absolutley gutted after YET ANOTHER surprise update wiped their memory. That sounds like a massive pain in the <REMOVED>.

RedGum
07-01-2017, 07:26 PM
That's weird. I started on iPhone 4 (now i7) and never had that issue.