PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Any TDI Guru's? AHU/1Z Delay in power then puff of smoke??

shwni
23-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi i'm new to the forum. I'm currently driving a vw T4 which has had an engine conversion done to it (before i bought it) it's currently running the ahu 1.9tdi passat/golf (AHU/1Z) engine withe the abl T4 turbo and manifold. It's a manual with all the wiring loom and ecu from the passat.

I've had a search on the forum already and i can't find anything on this subject - sorry if this question has been asked before?

The problem i have is that when i'm driving in any gear and i take my foot all the way off the accelerator and then back on again there is a delay in power, a puff of smoke (not black) then it picks up power again? When i change into gear and initially accelerate it runs fine - only has a problem when i take foot off accelerator and back on??

I've unplugged air mass flow meter and test drove it but it's the same, i've also changed the turbo and it's still the same? Air filter has been changed also?

I've tried a basic hand held diagnostics (borrowed) with no codes. I'm going to be borrowing my uncles new version of VCDS next week - hopefully :D

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Any advice is much appreciated

Thanks

A4 Lad
23-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Did I read correct ? You replaced the turbo ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I forget how to use a full size keyboard !

shwni
24-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Yes turbo has been replaced but there is no difference

scotty33
15-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I've seen a similar sounding problem described in the Audi 80 forum, 1Z engine

Some advice given , but no confirmation of the solution

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=108174