PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Audi Cabriolet - towbar?

robcab
23-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi to all,
I've drawn a blank searching for a towbar for my 1999 Cabriolet. Is there something that I am missing? I'm starting to believe that they don't exist. That said, I have found a Dutch website that says it has one, but it is two to three times more expensive than all the others! Grateful for any advice. Thanks.

PFJones
02-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi,

As far as i know there is company that make a towbar for your vehicle called Watling engineering the number for them is 01727873661 they may also have a website, try typing there name into google Thanks Dale

robcab
02-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks Dale. I tried them but life is never easy. My Cab was registered after 1998 so it requires an EU Type approved bar. The Watling item is non-approved and it looks like nobody has bothered to make an approved one. The woman at Watling was very professional and stressed that it would invalidate my insurance if I were to fit a non-approved bar.
In some ways, I am quite glad because I didn't want to spoil the shape with a ball. I shall just have to travel light. After all, "difficult" is not "impossible". I shall manage!
Thanks again.