PDA

View Full Version : Dash bulbs

dredgey
23-02-2011, 12:25 PM
When I press the 'check' button on my B7 Tdi it goes through the process of checking elements of the car and when it checks the water and brakes there is a picture of a bulb with a cross through it. I presume this means the emergency warning bulb has blown for both elements. Can these be replaced easily or is it a trip to the garage?

Cheers

kite
23-02-2011, 12:32 PM
when you press the "check" button it scrolls through and checks the systems are working.
When you turn the ignition on if you get no warnings and the DIS say "OK" you have no bulb problems..

kodkod.84
23-02-2011, 12:36 PM
If you have a bulb out- the DIS will flash up which bulb it is and also the bulb with a red cross through it will stay permanently on even after the check cycle.

dredgey
23-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Hmmm, ok. So I've got the engine running and the car is stationary. the picture is a bulb with a red cross (coolant and brakes) and at the end of the cycle a green 'ok' flashes up. So despite the nasty red crosses I've got no bulb problems? Admitedly when a number plate bulb went the warning stayed on but these don't.... but why the red crosses over the picture of a bulb?

kite
23-02-2011, 12:52 PM
If you have "OK" at the end of the checks you have no problems
When you press "check" it cycles through the systems and shows which is being checked, thats why you see the crossed out bulbs.

dredgey
23-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Thats pleasing then, just returned returned from a 850 mile drive from Austria>Germany>The Netherlands>Belgium>France>Uk in a day. Glad I wasn't driving all that way with no warning bulbs! :drive:

keemaklan
23-02-2011, 10:42 PM
In ONE day?!

Thats some journey!!

dredgey
24-02-2011, 10:03 AM
In ONE day?!

Thats some journey!!

Returning from a ski holiday in Kitzbuhel! Was quite a trek but the German autobahn's help to reduce the miles more quickly.

kite
24-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Just the sort of trip our German cars are built for...

dredgey
25-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Just the sort of trip our German cars are built for...

That sat-nav lady sounded happier on her home turf too!