PDA

View Full Version : clutch mech flywheel?

nickbd
02-07-2007, 03:28 PM
hi there i have a 2.5 174 t5 2005 and seem to be having a few issues when changing gear. as usual its an intermittent fault meaning my local dealer isnt going to be too interested.
when putting it into gear from standstill it goes in smooth enough but the whole vehicle jerks slightly as if the clutch hasnt completey disenganged.
when driving it sometimes feels clunky when changing gear too.
a few people have mentioned a common fault of the 'dual mass flywheel' internal springs failing.
before i go to vw i would be greatful if anyone could enlighten me so they dont give me a stinking huge bill as i've a few months warranty left and hope it can be done under that!
cheers

njs7
18-11-2007, 05:13 PM
hi there i have a 2.5 174 t5 2005 and seem to be having a few issues when changing gear. as usual its an intermittent fault meaning my local dealer isnt going to be too interested.
when putting it into gear from standstill it goes in smooth enough but the whole vehicle jerks slightly as if the clutch hasnt completey disenganged.
when driving it sometimes feels clunky when changing gear too.
a few people have mentioned a common fault of the 'dual mass flywheel' internal springs failing.
before i go to vw i would be greatful if anyone could enlighten me so they dont give me a stinking huge bill as i've a few months warranty left and hope it can be done under that!
cheers

we have done less than 2k in out 2.5 174 2007 and are finding some problems already - running in town or longer runs changing into low gaer is notchty also in second.The clutch roars and seems to be delayed in disinguaging also finding a strong burning rubber smell? does any of this sound familiar. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

Pauloz
26-11-2007, 10:24 PM
we have done less than 2k in out 2.5 174 2007 and are finding some problems already - running in town or longer runs changing into low gaer is notchty also in second.The clutch roars and seems to be delayed in disinguaging also finding a strong burning rubber smell? does any of this sound familiar. http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif
Burning smell can only be clutch slip/overheating, and needs looking at urgently before it gives up completely. Even if its not the DMF thats caused this, will likely be dead now from overheating sorry.
Sounds to me, possibly a release system failure rather than caused by clutch or dmf.