PDA

View Full Version : Changing a bulb. Is it so difficult?

hallgreen
13-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Hello

Right rear fog light goes so I go to your "friendly Audi dealer" who provdei one with their compliments. Very kind. I then looked at the owners manual and was amazed to see that there was no guidance and all it said was take it to a dealer. That may be OK for a new Xenon headlight but is the expense really necessary for a rear foglight. Does anyone know if it is an easy job and if so what to do.

Thank very much.

JR001
12-11-2006, 08:56 PM
What year and variant is your A3? It shouldn't be difficult. Once you know how.........

devonutopia
12-11-2006, 09:27 PM
On my fabia, you just pull back the boot trim, unclip the light bulb "holder", which contains all 4 bulbs in one strip, out of the light fitting itself, then simply swap the bulb affected as if you were changing a bulb in your house, usually a bayonet fitting.

Not hard at all. If you're reluctant to visit the dealer, and also reluctant to DIY it, Halfords offer a kind of inbetween service for swapping bulbs.

Bartoosh
01-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Surely you're not talking about changing a mere bulb?
If you are, changing the rear fog bulb is no different to changing the rear brake bulb. It's a cluster which literally clicks out of place.
Open boot.
Unclip right rear side well.
Unclip wiring.
Unclip one piece bulb holder.
Change bulb.
Refitting is reverse of removing.