PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 Loss of Power

mcevoyj2
02-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I have a 2003 Audi A6 1.9Tdi. Just yesterday while driving down the country I noticed a loss of power under acceleration and heavy black exhaust smoke. In addition there is a parculiar sound like air" whishing" through the air vents inside the car when the pedal is depressed suddenly. Under the bonned I noticed oil deposits on the passenger side of the engine. Any body have any ideas?? I have heard it could be a cracked tube/pipe, the mass air flow sensor or even a knackered turbo. The car is regularly serviced and has 120,000 miles on it. I have it booked into the garage but they can't see it for 3 weeks! Crazy! Any ideas, any body at least put my mind at ease that the repairs won't cost a small fortune as I just bought the car last week. Murphy's Law eh :-)

RubbleA6
16-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi there, mcevoyj2, your symptoms sound identical to mine, even down to the fact that I also have an 03 1.9Tdi with nearly 120k miles on it! I've changed the air filter as it was filthy and it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Did you get any response or useful advice on your problem?

mcevoyj2
16-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey RubbleA6, yeah got the car fixed, originally thought it was the MAF sensor, but turned out to be nothing more than a burst intercooler pipe. A bit of duct tape temp helped but a 80 euro for new pipe worked like a charm. Good luck.