PDA

View Full Version : iPhone users - What's this icon?

Guest 2
20-02-2011, 09:06 AM
This little icon appeared on my status bar this morning. It's beside the battery icon as in the pic. I've searched google to no avail :( I have no unread emails or SMS and have no unread voicemail.

http://184.72.239.143/mu/5284f887-cb70-29e0.jpg

Thanks

a8 tech
20-02-2011, 09:17 AM
This little icon appeared on my status bar this morning. It's beside the battery icon as in the pic. I've searched google to no avail :( I have no unread emails or SMS and have no unread voicemail.

Thanks

Private message inbox I think but mine does not show this icon

A4 Lad
20-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Thats a strange one, I have had iphone from the start and have never seen that. Is it still there ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I forget how to use a full size keyboard !

Guest 2
20-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Thats a strange one, I have had iphone from the start and have never seen that. Is it still there ?

Same, I've had my 3GS from October 2009 and it's never appeared before and yeah it's still there. I tried closing all the apps in multitasking and done a reset (home and sleep).

Will do a bit more digging on the Internet.

phil miller
20-02-2011, 12:41 PM
have you checked all your emails inbox, spam that sort of thing? on a different note my iphone 4 will arrive tomorrow, so my 3gs will be up for sale

A4 Lad
20-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Lets us know. Interested now. Im going up to Victoria Square today with the bread knife, if I remember, ill call in and show them your picture to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I forget how to use a full size keyboard !

Guest 2
20-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Have done more research and still cant find anything. To make sure it wasn't emails I deleted all of them, the account I use for the forum has ~2000 items so it took a while selecting them all and the rest from the other accounts I have setup. Why didnt you wait for the 5 Phil? Or is it a contract?

Thanks BL, I think they open at 1pm on a Sunday, I was gonna call in during the week but if you're there you can ask :D thanks :)

phil miller
20-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Have done more research and still cant find anything. To make sure it wasn't emails I deleted all of them, the account I use for the forum has ~2000 items so it took a while selecting them all and the rest from the other accounts I have setup. Why didnt you wait for the 5 Phil? Or is it a contract?

Thanks BL, I think they open at 1pm on a Sunday, I was gonna call in during the week but if you're there you can ask :D thanks :)

its a contract Chris, i thought about waiting for the 5 but as the 4 only came out in june i thought it would be another 12 months until the 5 is around, im not really into mobiles and had always had easy to use nokias, then i got my 3gs and at the time was gonna put it on the BAY but i had a quick play and was hooked lol

how much is a 16gb 3gs worth, unlocked and jail broken?

A4 Lad
20-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Called in and showed them your screen shot. 3 different staff looked at it and all said they have never seen it and was interested in finding out do she went through there Apple forums and found out its something to fo with a setting called TTY ( i think thats correct ) which is a setting to do with the hard of hearing but they dont know how to fix it. She said to search their forum for TTY or call in and they might be able to do something. They did mention trying a restore with itunes

Guest 2
20-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks BL for your help! I'll search for that when I get home later and see what the score is. I've heard that acronym before somewhere but as I said I'll look when I get home. I'll also try a restore later aswell. Thanks for your help again :)

Guest 2
20-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Ah I might purchase a 5 when it's released during the summer. Will see if it's worth it or not. My iPhone is my personal mobile and I have a work number which is contract and there's no hope of upgrading to a 5 lol. So if I wanted a 5 I'd have to purchase one on payg which will cost £££. I hate the fact that you can purchase a 32gb 3GS new in America for ~$300 and they're ~£540 here.

Not sure what they're worth but have a look on eBay and see what similar ones are going for. Unlocked and jailbroke doesn't effect the price btw :biglaugh:

RavenBlackTT
13-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Is the 5 getting released this year?! I thought it was just rumours?!

A4 Lad
13-04-2011, 07:16 PM
I seem to be following your posts Raven but it appears we have the same interests as im subscribed to these threads. I have heard about the new iphone but have not heard for sure about its release. Ill have to google it. What does the new one boast that is better than its last ? Im still on the 3GS but have another year or so left on contract but am considering a change when the time comes

Guest 2
13-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Spamming to try and get enough posts to post in the marketplace lol. Mycarsavw caught on and used his powers lol.

Having talking to friends they say it may be delayed because of the tragedy in Japan, the company who makes the batteries got destroyed and they're trying to find another source.

It's nothing special, just a bigger iPhone 4, bigger screen, processor from iPad2 :)

A4 Lad
13-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Raven is spamming ? Is that what you mean Chris ? Why do they do that ?

Guest 2
13-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah sorry, should've made that clearer. Just bumping threads to gain posts to gain access to the marketplace.

See mycarsavw post in a thread down the tapatalk news feed (unless it's one of those rare days when you're on your Pc lol)

A4 Lad
13-04-2011, 09:18 PM
(unless it's one of those rare days when you're on your Pc lol)

Catch yourself on Chris !

:)

Guest 2
13-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Haha! Your fingers must've got use to the iPhone keyboard lol.

Hope it still works when the site is upgraded or I'll be lost! Tapatalk is being took off me for a few days while my phone is getting fixed :(

Time to get the daughters iPod out then!!

A4 Lad
13-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Oh yes, I am like a teenager when it comes to typing on the iphones keyboard lol.
Fingers crossed about the upgrade working. Is there a date yet ?

Guest 2
13-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Not sure. Just keeping an eye on the upgrade thread so I am.

Since this thread is about iPhones then I can ask you an iPhone question - has your battery life got worse since the 4.3.1 update? Mine has dramatically - upto 20% more with the same usage

A4 Lad
13-04-2011, 10:07 PM
I use my phone for work everday so I put it on charge every night but just you saying that, my warning for battery has only 20% has popped up every night while I am messing about on it since Sunday ( when I updated ) so you might well be onto something there. Whats up with your phone for needing repair ?

Guest 2
13-04-2011, 10:16 PM
My phone gets at least 6 or 7 hours constant charge switched off so it's not like it's not getting a good chance.

It definitely has decreased as I see the battery meter decrease quicker doing simple tasks such as texting or on this. I also have location services and notifications switched off and only enable Bluetooth and 3G when needed. I might do a google search tomorrow sometime.

My silent switch is broken so it can't switch between the two. I would try and tackle it myself but I would end up breaking the whole phone lol.

A4 Lad
13-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Eww, I wouldnt try and fix it myself. I have got two big chubby mechanic hands which are useless for fiddly tasks lol. Is it still under warranty

Guest 2
13-04-2011, 10:48 PM
Ive broke enough things trying to fix them lol. Nah, it's out of warranty well over a year now. A work mate knows a boy in Belfast who fixes them cheaply so there's no harm in trying :)

A4 Lad
13-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Cool. He must have hands the size of a 3 year old lol. I find the iphone a really good gadget that you can also ring people on lol

blackgrill
30-04-2011, 01:52 PM

Thanks

You have a blue tooth message or file - you may have connected/synched to your machine or someone else iphone - you have a message/file outstanding you havent send

hope that helps - although I wouldn't know where to look

LJ

Sulphur-Man
25-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Is it a jailbroken iphone?

Sam
25-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Is it a jailbroken iphone?

See the answer on the first page - Post #9

Bizmo
01-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Is your phone jailbroken?

Guest 2
01-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Is your phone jailbroken?

See post 9. Turned out it was that.

A4 Lad
11-08-2011, 06:30 PM
See post 9. Turned out it was that.

Eh Up Chris. You keeping alright ? I have not been on in ages as I have bought a new hobby ( for the minute ) which has kept me from spending silly money on the A4 :)

http://tapatalk.com/mu/5e0201e1-11b5-8cf5.jpg

Just a little bit smaller than the A4 :)