PDA

View Full Version : Audi a4 problems

Fatboyjarv
19-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I was out today and went to start the car, it run and cut out then would not start with EPC on the dash. I got my spare keys and the alarm and doors locks and opened, windows worked on both sets of keys. After about 30mins the doors would not lock or open and the windows have stopped working, but the cars starts and drives with no lights on dash. so the windows have stopped working and alarm dose not work, I also cannot lock the car from the outside or by the switch on the drivers side door. Any help would be great there are no fault codes apart from window fault codes for all 4 windows

A4 Lad
19-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Hi Tony, I really dont want to sound simple but have you checked fuses ? Is the central locking working at all ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I forget how to use a full size keyboard !

Fatboyjarv
19-02-2011, 10:34 PM
hi there I have checked all fuses, dose the one unit control both items windows and doors.

A4 Lad
19-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Yes, as far as I know, central convienience does them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk as I forget how to use a full size keyboard !

Fatboyjarv
20-02-2011, 04:58 PM
well just an up date when i open the front doors the drivers side shows the passanger and passanger the drivers still no alarm or door locking the door lights do not work as well :aargh4:

A4 Lad
20-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Its drunk. Give it a coffee ! You need someone else to help out as I am now just useless

ckrisrok
20-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Are any of the carpets damp?

Fatboyjarv
20-02-2011, 11:45 PM
no nothing wet, but did have a screen fitted by a well know windscreen people but was not sealed in and the car on the drivers side got wet. It went to AUDI and came out with a £1000 repair bill which the screen people paid they
replaced conveniance control unit
replaced power supply control unit

ckrisrok
25-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I was thinking it may be damp in the convenience control.
But i guess not.

kibsyk
05-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi all can anyone help I have an Audi A4 1.9 TDI problems with electrics;:confused:
1/ Water on passenger footwell had problem with control box replaced at garage all ok except cannot open fuel flap tried the emergency red ring pull but this failed to open it any ideas as I need to refuel ASAP
Andy