PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 B7 Avant 2.0TDI - Fuel Consumption

thommo
19-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Hello All,
I recently had my 2006 Audi serviced (1st service since I bought it), I didn't want to pay the Audi service prices so chose a well recommended VAG dealer and was very pleased with the service. My question is would a service involve any engine management re-configuration/adjustment, i.e. hook up the test equipment and calibrate the engine management to it's stated values, the reason I ask is because the dealer from whom I bought the car said to always take it to an Audi dealer for servicing because they will setup the engine up to it's maximum performance - would Audi have done this as part of a service?

p.s. I am not talking about tuning or re-mapping here.

The reason I ask about the above is because I have never been happy with the MPG, I go down to Cornwall each year from Sheffield and expected 50+ mpg driving steadily all the way, I probably just squeezed 45mpg, not bad but still a little less than I expected.

thanks, Mark.

FlashRemapping
28-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Hi Mark
An Audi service would probably include them plugging in their diagnostic and checking any fault code but they would only change data if there was a software update available

Remapping would definately improve you mpg and increase power and feel of your vehicle
These audis will give up to 40Bhp gains ( 28 on an economy tune ) and 75-80Nm of torque
Fuel saving can be as much as 15% in some cases i would expect 8-11% on average so you would be pretty close to the 50mpg you were expecting

see www.flashremapping.co.uk (http://www.flashremapping.co.uk) for more details
or call me on 0208 301 3862